I am locked out of my account

I am locked out of my account

I need help - I am locked out of my account and when I try to verify it, it wants to send a text to my phone however I know longer have that number anymore. Can they send something to my email?? SOS

16 Replies 16
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You must contact Airbnb Customer Service - use Twitter or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Here, it is a community of hosts and guests. 
In fact, that verification tool is to protect accounts because it is assumed that phone numbers are more attached to their holders than email addresses. After all, some people have many email boxes.
// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Deja4,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your account. 

As Marzena has mentioned, have you tried to contact Airbnb about this?

Could you please let us know the outcome as it might be helpful for other hosts experiencing the same issue?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hey Quincy, 

I have had the same issue, My account has been locked for a long time. I was told my case was marked urgent at febuary 2018  and 'Trust and Safety Department' will contact me within 24 to 48 hours. Its been 4 months i still dont have any response. This has been very frustrating. Due to my locked account i lost multiple bookings and overpaid my trips multiple times.  

-Will

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Will146,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you recently been in touch with Airbnb? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy, this is my second account with Airbnb and once again my account has been locked without you guys informing me . Now I’m trying to book a home for my best friends bachelor getaway and I can’t because my account is locked for unknown reasons and I have to wait until someone calls me and possibly lose out on the home I’m looking at. ABSOLUTELY frustrating.

I was deactivated and after

review they are keeping it that way and didn’t get me any insight as to why. I haven’t used Airbnb for over 4-5 years and wanted to get back. What did I do??

Gee, seems to me the app might have too many permissions and they are watching YOU! Is that why you don’t get an explanation?

like- oh sorry we know bla bla bla because we have access to your phone! That wouldn’t go over to well!

how do they know when guests arrive? TRACKING duh!!

You might want to check the app permissions

Susan1672
Level 2
Weymouth, United Kingdom

I too am logged out.

Can't remember password although it's saved and it keeps telling me it's wrong.

They have said they have sent an email to my account 4 times, i'm still waiting to get it.

My email is working but i fear there's is not.

Can't believe it's so difficult to contact them, they really seem not to want to talk to you.

My airb&b is doing really well and the money is in my bank as promised, but i wish they sorted there act out on other matters

Sue

Michelle1767
Level 1
Kitchener, Canada

Two things happened to me recently: I moved to a new city, so I changed my phone number, and I also got a new computer. When I tried to log in to my AirBnb account, I had forgotten my password. When you try to reset your password, there's a two-step verification process: they send you an email, and a code by text message. Since I changed my number, I can't get past the second step. I contacted AirBnB multiple times and none of their customer service reps could help me. Even deleting the account is impossible. Can someone help me?! 

Michelle1767
Level 1
Kitchener, Canada

I should mention re: the above post - I'm writing this under a new account I had to set up with a different email address. It's a separate account that I'm trying to delete. 

Paula840
Level 2
Geilo, Norway

I have had this problem with Airbnb several times  past weeks.  I had no access to my account on my App for many days. I contacted the Airbnb Support Team. The first  person took me through a short procedure unstalling - installing which failed. She then referred me to another section and told me that they would contact me. Some hours later I received an email from the Security and Trust section.  They informed me that they had detected unusual activity from another device and that they due to that had  decided to lock my account. Of course I was never informed about this and had I not contacted them would never had known.

I was  informed that my account was now unlocked but  asked me to check that my telephone number was updated?  It is the same number as it always has been. I was asked  to verify my account again to prevent unusual activity from happening again. The Security team would  guide me through the procedure.

But, when I contacted them again a new supporter from the first section had taken over my case. Without reading any previous correspondanse she went right back to scratch and asked me to take her through  the whole procedure again. I just could not beleive it.  All I wanted was for her to get back to the Security - Trust section and complete the verication. She refused.

She then insisterer that the problem was technical and advised  me to use other devices. She blamed it all on my IPhone 6 plus. Even though I have been using the same device right up untill the lockout.  She thought that mostly could have caught a BUG. My IPhone has newly been updated and I have had null problems with any of my others Apps. 

After several emails back and forth I then told her I would contact the Supporter Team in my own country as their was little progress being  made at her end. 

The whole prosess has just been so frustrating and stressful.

it is important to have my App working and to secure my account from an Intruder.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paula840,

Lovely to meet you.

Sorry to hear your frustration over logging into the app. There has been a few people reporting something similar to what you have mentioned here, over the past week or so. I have flagged this to our product team and they are looking into it. 

In the mean time, if it is possible for you to use a desktop to access your computer, this should work for you and you can update anything you are concerned about via that method. 

I hope this will be resolved soon and I am sorry about this. 

If you can keep me updated that would be a great help. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie - I don’t have access to a desk top. I travel back and forth  and the IPhone is the best device for me.

Yes, I can see others have encountered the same problem. I would like to know why I was not notified about the lockout. It is usual to be notified if unusual  activity is detected on an account, whether it be FB - Google - and so on. I would like to ask of you to pass that message on to the Airbnb Product Team.

Meanwhile I am picking up half messages on my phone and emails. 

I hope the general problem will be resolved soon though.

i will keep in touch with you.

Regards Paula