I am starting out and at this stage I only want mother and children travellers... but how do i do th

Diana75
Level 1
Australia

I am starting out and at this stage I only want mother and children travellers... but how do i do th

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The only way to do this is to put it up front in your description so that people see this when reading your profile, etc.

It should also be the first question you ask when you speak to a potential guest....

Ensure you don't use Instant Booking as this does not allow you to make that sort of choice about who is staying in your home.

Finally, be prepared for quite a low response rate as you are cutting your potential audience to a very small segment.

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

Keep in mind that this is not the best forum to eliminate such a large portion of the population. Yours might be best posted  on a local site. Also, read Airbnb's Discrimination Policy as you will bump into issues and potentially complaints regarding that.

On the other hand, if you are interested in simply attracting more moms and their children, be sure that "Kid Friendly Home" or something to that effect is in your title. Also, include play spaces with toys and kid's art in your photos as that will do much to encourage some and deter other audiences right away : }

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Diana75

Your listing as it is right now and its images do not reflect the family vibe at all.

I would even use a first picture with mom(s) and kids to 'scare' off the singles/non-moms like me  😉

Adapt its description to reflect it too, Mom&Kids Beach House or something like that.

And it's true, expect to get very few bookings, but then that's possibly a good and unstressed way to get into hosting!