I am unable to login as a host.

Answered!

I am unable to login as a host.

When I try to access Air BnB from my Gmail messages I get sent to the home page to set up a new host.  I am a super host and have been for a while. I also tried to google the Air BnB site to log in and it will not acknowledge I am a host.  I am still receiving bookings but something is a miss.

Can anyone help me out.  I have called the help desk but I am not getting a result yet.

Kindly,

Bonnie

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Depending on how long it has been since you last logged in, @Bonnie361 , there is a newish step on the home page. When I go to the site, I see what you see -- a page that thinks I am a guest and not a host and that will let me sign up as a host. But if I wait 10 to 30 seconds (depending on how slow my internet is at the time), a "switch to hosting" link will appear at the top right of my browser window. If you click on that, you will be back to your hosting dashboard. 

Or you can add "/hosting/p/home" to the URL. For instance: airbnb.com/hosting/p/home

However, there might be something else going on for you. The profile from which you are writing is brand new with "null" in location and no reviews. This is odd for a superhost. Is it possible you have inadvertently created two accounts? That would explain why there is no acknowledgement that you are a host. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Depending on how long it has been since you last logged in, @Bonnie361 , there is a newish step on the home page. When I go to the site, I see what you see -- a page that thinks I am a guest and not a host and that will let me sign up as a host. But if I wait 10 to 30 seconds (depending on how slow my internet is at the time), a "switch to hosting" link will appear at the top right of my browser window. If you click on that, you will be back to your hosting dashboard. 

Or you can add "/hosting/p/home" to the URL. For instance: airbnb.com/hosting/p/home

However, there might be something else going on for you. The profile from which you are writing is brand new with "null" in location and no reviews. This is odd for a superhost. Is it possible you have inadvertently created two accounts? That would explain why there is no acknowledgement that you are a host. 

Lawrene,

Thank you for your reply.  I really worried now. I am sure I didn't set up another account.

@Lawrene0 I did see what you are talking about having requested info about the same airbnb.  However, I did not publish it.  How do I delete one hosting account without disrupting my guests?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bonnie361  If you haven't done so already, try clearing your browser cache and cookies before trying to log in again.

Lois29
Level 2
Champaign, IL

So I added the suggested stiff to the url and it takes me to ‘my new hosting home’ which has absolutely notting in it, non of my listings, none of my messages noting.  What is going in and where is all my data on the computer?  Why can’t I reach someone to talk or at least text with?  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lois29 

As you are a superhost, why are you not able to login into your account and continue managing your listings as usueal ?

Just login into your account and go to your hosting dashboard:

Dashboard

Bonnie345
Level 1
Horningtops, United Kingdom

Call the technical department.  You accidentally opened a new hosting account.  That is why there is nothing in it.  They will delete it and restore your original account.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bonnie345 

There is no "technical department" to call and Airbnb CS will not delete/restore accounts just on request.