I am waiting for over $8k in Payouts - Don't know where else to turn for help!

Steven74
Level 9
United States

I am waiting for over $8k in Payouts - Don't know where else to turn for help!

Fellow Hosts,

I post this with urgency and a cry for help. I have not received payouts for over $8,000USD. I haven't received any emails from Airbnb stating that payouts have been sent. My transaction history within Airbnb does not show the Payout confirmation numbers either. I have called Airbnb, sent direct messages on Twitter and submitted requests via the online help center. No one seems to know what is going on. I am being told that payouts show as being sent on their end and told to contact PayPal. 

PayPal  tells me that I have not received the payouts, however, they are able to see attempts have been made but have errored on Airbnb's end. The PayPal representative told me that Airbnb uses the mass payment option so he can only see the larger payment which includes thousands of payments returned and thousands more paid successfully. PayPal told me they would be happy to speak to Airbnb and could conference them in.

Airbnb continues to "escalate to their payment services team" which isn't leading to resolution. In fact, each Airbnb rep I speak to acts like I am crazy and tells me I have indeed been paid. Each time, I explain that I have not been paid and get asked to wait 24 hours. This is absolutely rediculous and this issue has reached critical mass.

I have bills, people and rent to pay! Eviction proceedings begin after today and I don't know what to do. I am a superhost, have hosted hundreds of guests and have had the same payout method the entire time. Nothing has changed on my end. In the past, everything has worked without a hitch.

If anyone has any advice, including direct contacts or processes you've used for a similar situation, I would greatly appreciate you letting me know.

Thank you so much for your help! 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I really don't know what to suggest. Do you have to use Paypal?

What do Paypal mean when they say there is an error at Airbnb's end - are they using the wrong payment code? Have you checked with them that they have the correct information? But it can't be this as payments are going through before this with no problems. Can you ask Paypal to clarify exactly what they mean by this.

Do you not have a bank account? If so could you change this as your payment preference and then at least future payments wouldn't be affected.

This is so frustrating for you and you are already doing what I would suggest. I would call them, tweet messages and use FB three times a day to keep the pressure on.

What do these payments amount to in terms of time - ie one or two months rent?

You might need to get a small mortgage on one of your properties as a bridging loan, while this issue is sorted out.

This indeed sounds like a mess.  Personally, I would take PayPal up on their offer to work directly with Airbnb to get this resolved.  I would also get on the phone with Airbnb and not get off until they provide you with some sort of reasonable response.