I cancelled a guest but I made a mistake and wish to reinstate it.

Answered!

I cancelled a guest but I made a mistake and wish to reinstate it.

I tried to make contact with the guest without success and then panicked and cancelled their reservation.  I made a mistake and after speaking with the guests I am comfortable letting them stay.  How do I reinstate a cancelled booking?

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You'll need to contact Airbnb as your diary will have been blocked and a financial penalty applied to your account (to a future payment).

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You'll need to contact Airbnb as your diary will have been blocked and a financial penalty applied to your account (to a future payment).
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

This maybe difficult without contacting Airbnb directly.  As far as I know, the guest will have to make a new reservation, but will be unable to since the dates will probably be blocked out on your calendar for canceling.

A good lesson in not reacting too quickly.

Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

If you're serious about being an Airbnb host you must learn flexibility, patience and to honor your commitment. Once a booking is made and accepted you even receive the guest's phone number. If they are not responsive by Airbnb chat you can call or text them directly to their phone. Cancelling bookings will flag you and your listing as unstable which will make Airbnb stop promoting your listing in the search results.

Rom2
Level 2
Germany

its steel in cancellation status, how i make the dates again in availbility

Siobhan17
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I think I declined a guest when I meant to accept it what can I do ?

thanks for the help