I cancelled a reservation now no one can see my listing for any dates not even the blocked ones

Raul10
Level 1
Houston, TX

I cancelled a reservation now no one can see my listing for any dates not even the blocked ones

I cancelled a reservation now no one can see my listing for any dates not even the blocked one of Apr 9th. I have a guest that wants to book but he cannot find my listing even in May? WTH is going on? I sent a email to AirBNB about circumstances for cancellation two days ago and have not heard a response. Is there a phone number to call? They are costing me money. 

5 Replies 5
Jack-S0
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

try 415 800 5959 or 855 424 7262 may take a few mins af waiting. have ready your listing name,email,phone # & method of payment(last four # of bank acct.that receive your payment).their system makes errors. 

This does seem odd. I can't search-and-find your listing no matter what I do. (I can see it by linking from your profile, but that's different.) The ONLY odd thing I see is that your listing's default base rate is $60, while most of your April/May dates show a $32-35 rate. Given the fact that AirBnB's coding logic is so poor, maybe that has something to do with the issue. In any case, I'd do as @Jack-S0 suggested and get in contact with AirBnB.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

It shows up for me @Raul10.

Houston has a lot of listings/competition.  I found it by putting in a price range, choosing private room and two guests.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0 and @Raul10, something's going on because the listing won't come up in my search results no matter what combination of exact-match filters I set. I ran searches using two different browsers (Safari and Chrome). Whether I used a lot of filters (which I made sure fit Raul's listing) or just a few filters, used no dates or a date range that I knew was open in his calendar, his listing never came up. Really strange, especially since it comes up for @Dave-and-Deb0. However, I know that Dave and Deb are in Canada... So here comes the fun part!

If I close my browser and then start a VPN (virtual private network) and connect the VPN to a server in Toronto (which makes all network connections made on my computer appear to originate from there even though I'm in Austin, Texas) and then restart my browser, I *can* find Raul's listing when I search. @Raul10, if you communicate with AirBnB support, you might want to mention that. Even if you don't know what I'm talking about, you could just read them (or email them) what I wrote in the first part of this paragraph.

This is weird.

And, even weirder, is that I can now find Raul's listing regardless of whether I use a VPN or not. Earlier though (both today and the other day) his listing wouldn't come up for me even though I entered the same set of filters, etc. All I can figure is that it was either some transient glitch or maybe AirBnB suddenly became aware of the problem (specific to Raul's listing or a more general issue) and fixed it.

So, anyway, Raul, ignore my previous yakking about the browser's point of origin having anything to do with it.