I cannot give a special offer.

Answered!
Niki11
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

I cannot give a special offer.

Hi,

Please help me asap.

Someone interested yesterday and i pre-approved him. Today someone else requested to book for the same period.

Now, I cannot send a special offer for the former interested as the system write this: "You can’t pre-approve this guest because these dates aren’t available on your calendar."

Why??? I have not accepted the later request yet.

Any advice?

1 Best Answer

@Niki11

A booking request takes priority over an inquiry with a pre-approval.  You could decline the booking request, but you then risk to loose them both unless those pre-approved have confirmed that they are now ready to book.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Contact BNB - contact details via the search function on these forums or use the useful post on how to contact BNB at the top of this forum.

@Niki11

A booking request takes priority over an inquiry with a pre-approval.  You could decline the booking request, but you then risk to loose them both unless those pre-approved have confirmed that they are now ready to book.

Thank you for your reply. It was helpful.

The Special Offer feature is one of my least favorite features with Airbnb - not because I don't wish to send Special Offers - but because of its limitations:  you cannot spend a special offer if a Request for Reservation is pending  which causes the dates to be blocked.  i have complained to Airbnb because it is often just at this point during the negotiations with the prospective guest that one needs to the ability to send a Special Offer.  I have requested many times that they change that to allow a Special Offer to be sent anytime. I'm sure their savvy high tech team of 30 years olds can sold this one,,, but they are not motivated to do so.. 

one must either decline the request, or accept the request or let it expire in order for Special offer feature to be availalbe.  the SO feature is evidently available when only an "Inquirey" as opposed to a "Request" has been made.  Go figure! Ginger near Cincinnati, Ohio.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

I would take the booking request. You cannot count on the pre-approval booking coming through. I have sent pre-approvals on a few occasions that never convert to actual bookings. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I won't hold days in reserve just because someone has asked about them. Whoever actually books gets the dates.

Pip8
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Can anyone please help. I cant select an option to send a speacial offer to a guest.

@Pip8

Did you receive a booking request or an inquiry ? Booking requests do not have the "special offer" option.

Nick121
Level 1
Sawyers Valley, Australia

i received a booking request.

how do i undo that and get the enquiry sent? I can decline the request and ask the guest to make the enquiry I guess

Unfortunately, Nick - you are forced to decline the Request, or wait until it expires or have the guest withdraw their Request - before it will allow you to send a Special Offer.  (I think one can send a Special Offer when a prospective guest has made an "Inquiry" as opposed to a "Request" but not sure on this one either.  It almost seems random when Special Offer is available and not when you need it.)

Trust yourself and your guest - if they are the guest that you want they will endure the messaging and gyrations they must go through to book your place.  Good luck.

I think the same is happening to me right now. It is an inquiry and i am trying to send a special offer but can't because it just doesn't get sent.  i keep seeing the same notification telling me to choose one of the fee options, which I do but it makes no difference. Is there a bug or smth?

I cant offer special offer .

Nick121
Level 1
Sawyers Valley, Australia

I am trying to give a guest a special offer but cannot find the option in the message trail as advised.

any thoughts on what to do?

Nick did you ever work out how to offer a special offer?  I cannot find the special offer where they tell us it will be so cannot send it (and the amount they have put for the nights they want is not the correct amount so I want to decline their offer by sending a special offer.  any tips welcome

Frances

Claudia383
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

I follow the steps of special offer but get nowhere!