I cannot set the right location of my property!

Answered!
Pálína0
Level 2
New York, NY

I cannot set the right location of my property!

this is the text that pops up:  Unable to translate address to position on the map. Please check the address. 

HELP! 

1 Best Answer
Cheryl164
Level 2
Stuarts Point, Australia

Hi

I had the same problem, this is what I did.  You need to start at Support ticket.

In the Search bar in the Help articles,  key in Support ticket,  then click on "I want to contact AirBNB",  the click on "Contact Page", then click on Message Us.

Tell them you cannot get your address to come up on the map.  When I did this the help person manually put the GPS co-ords into the AirBNB system and up it came!!!  All Fixed!

Hope you can understand all that and it gets fixed for you.

Cheryl

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Hrvoje1
Level 3
Split, Croatia

First, check google maps. See if google maps can find your room location. Now remember that location.

Once on airbnb, try to drag your location manually (with your mouse) to the one corresponding to google maps location. This should help airbnb understand correct address.

Hope this helps.

Hrvoje

Trying to create a new listing.  Google Maps finds it, but Airbnb cannot and I cannot get past this stage to create the listing. HELP!

I'm having the same issue. It won't let me past this step although the address works fine in gmaps and also on vrbo.com. 

Cheryl164
Level 2
Stuarts Point, Australia

I'm having the same issue, can't complete my registration to host because it won't come up on the map, I keep getting the same message when I enter "Unable to translate address to position on the map. Please check the address."

Can a AirBNB person help please.

Bevan2
Level 1
Mullumbimby, Australia

Yep. I'm having the same issue as well and I cant see how to contact anyone. My address is easily found on google maps or apple maps or any online maps.

I'm having this same issue, is there a fix? No map appears at all. My address works in google and other nav systems.

Cheryl164
Level 2
Stuarts Point, Australia

Hi

I had the same problem, this is what I did.  You need to start at Support ticket.

In the Search bar in the Help articles,  key in Support ticket,  then click on "I want to contact AirBNB",  the click on "Contact Page", then click on Message Us.

Tell them you cannot get your address to come up on the map.  When I did this the help person manually put the GPS co-ords into the AirBNB system and up it came!!!  All Fixed!

Cheryl

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cheryl164,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I want to thank you for sharing this with everyone here as it is very useful information. I am sure that your answer has helped a lot of hosts with solving this issue!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Long6
Level 1
Vũng Tàu, Vietnam

I have the same situation, i have tried but fail to contact anyone in Airbnb for help...

Cheryl164
Level 2
Stuarts Point, Australia

Hi

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl, I tried all that but when it comes to contact page and message us, it goes to a host where I have a booking, can't seem to get around it ! Will the phone number, getting frustrating....

Cheryl164
Level 2
Stuarts Point, Australia

I've had another quick look,  here's what I found:

Go to the bottom of your page and click on help, should take you to Help articles.

If comes up with reservations:

*  Go to bottom of page ... Still Need Help - click on Contact Us

How can we help?   Ask a question or get help resolving a problem
* Click on Message Us
How can we help?
What reservation do you need help with?
* Click on "I Need Help with Something Else"
This should take you to the form to fill in and ask for help.  Don't forget to let them know how frustrated you are, I did and was told the programmers know about the glitch but haven't done anything about it!

Good luck
Cheryl

Hi guys, 

I am trying to put my location so i can Host but it doesnt allow me to move on as it says that :

"AIrbnb doesnt recognize this location" , even though Airbnb has my country and my address on its listing. 

How can  I proceed? 

Thanks in advance !