I couldn't find my listing after I published it yesterday

Answered!
Tracy179
Level 2
Shanghai, China

I couldn't find my listing after I published it yesterday

Hi there,

Need your help! I created a new listing yesterday and changed the status to "listed"

So far, when I searhed for my own listing I could find it in the serach results but when others search the same thing, it won't show in their search research.
I also tried to switch to "travelling" and searched my listing, found the listing and then share to others about my listing, but others couldn't open it.

It seems like my listing sill couldn't been seen by public.

Could you help with that? many thanks.

The name of my listing: Cozy Japanese style apartment in central Ginza

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It usually takes up to 24 h for a new listing to get propagated on Airbnb, @Tracy179 and @Micah14. The minimum I saw was 6-7 hours. Airbnb states that up to 72h.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Micah14
Level 1
Dayton, OH

Hello just a quick attempt I could not find your listing either based on your name. I would try to see if there is an option to "publish" your listing. I could be wrong but you can search for mine "Polo Park residential" in Dayton, OH and see if it pops up. -Sincerely, Micah ***

I tried to search "Polo Park residential" and i couldn't find it as well..

How could I "publish" my listing? Couldn't find it in the hosting interface..

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It usually takes up to 24 h for a new listing to get propagated on Airbnb, @Tracy179 and @Micah14. The minimum I saw was 6-7 hours. Airbnb states that up to 72h.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks Marzena.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tracy179... Tracy don't panic, when you publish a listing it will not become viewable on search pages for 72 hours!

This is so that 'Trust and Safety' can go over your listing and make sure that the listing does not breach any of Airbnbs guidelines.

It is a really wise precaution to use this time to go over your listing thoroughly and make sure that your settings are all correct. I can't tell you the number of times we have seen a listing go public and immediately an 'instant book' reservation comes in for $14 per night when the host thought their nightly rate was $153.00!

I would advise you to (for the moment) keep to the basics!

1/. Do not activate 'Smart Pricing' ...Smart pricing is not designed to make you money! It is designed to make a prospective guest an offer they can't refuse and book rather than go to another hosting platform! Smart pricing is not the slightest bit interested in whether you make money or not...it just wants to secure a booking for Airbnb!

2/. Do not activate 'Instant Book' until you know exactly how Instant book works. You need to set a level of verification to stop that high school graduate having a celebration party in that lovely listing of yours without you knowing anything about it.

There are countless things a new host needs to know.....and you have made a good start, you have come here and you will learn much on the CC that will help you with your hosting....after all, we all started out just like you Tracy.

Please Tracy, don't be too eager, remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare......

If you want any help with certain aspects of your new listing, there are many of us here that just simply want to help...I guess we want to 'pay it forward'.....the CC has helped many of us get where we are.

Your listing will become public Tracy, just wait a bit longer.

Cheers.....Rob

Thanks a lot Robin. That’s very helpful:)