I did a search - my place was only $56 for a month!

Mary-Ann0
Level 10
Sun City, AZ

I did a search - my place was only $56 for a month!

Hey according to Airbnb search in Sun City, AZ for Oct 1, 2016 to Oct 29, 2016 my place is $56 for the month for one guest and $432 per month for 2 guests.   So if potential guests put in a minimum price of say $900 a month then my place disappears from the list. Thanks a lot Airbnb!

Who is going to want to stay at my place when I only charge $56 for it for an entire month!

So maybe this is one of the reasons why I have gotten absolutely no bookings and only 3 inquiries in the last 6 months!  I am really ticked!  

11 Replies 11
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I came up with $1228 when I looked.

David

Yes, when you click my place then it shows correct price but you have to choose my place to look at it - right?  I am worried about how it first comes up on the list.  Did you first see the $56 or is it just me and my search? 

@Mary-Ann0 Right! Not a fair test, you're absolutely right. This time I did a search, zeroing in on your approx. location & you don't come up at all. There are only 2 that come up in your neighbourhood. I can't get the price range bar to move any lower than $200 - but that's per month, so you should be there. Good thing you caught this! Surely someone at Air BNB can correct this for you. Please let us know what the reason for is was. Best of luck! -Karen

@Mary-Ann0 I finally found you - entered Oct 1 - 29, 2 guests, price is showing as $578/month. But when I then click on it, the total is $2113Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 5.21.50 PM.jpg

Right - exactly!

How can this be only $578 now?  Well at least the price is going up a little... LOL

Thank you @Karen-and-Brian0 - I will have to try and find time to call Airbnb to get this fixed.  Thanks for the affirmation and showing that I am not seeing things or going crazy.

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Mary-Ann0 - I see it showing as $86 CAD/night, and if I asked to book for 1 guest for the month of October, it came out to $1700 + (with your 40% discount for stays of > 28 days). That's in CAD, sorry should have changed the currency, but you get the idea. Looks good to me and should be showing up for anyone with a minimum price filter of $900 set. I hope that helps! - Karen

Mary-Ann0
Level 10
Sun City, AZ

The problem is when searching for a place for 28 nights or more for those dates, at a minimum price of anything more than $56 - my place disappears.

It works okay for any number of nights booking below the 28 day accommodation category but after that it sticks on the nightly rate and does not show the "per month" rate like all the other places.

I hope I am not the only one seeing this - it is driving me nuts! 

The monthly rate is calculated from the base rate not the nightly rate. What is your base rate?

@Keith my base rate is $60 (Oct is $64 per night) however I ask a $50 cleaning fee plus give 40% disc on monthly rates and 10% disc on weekly rates.  So what I think is happening is that for some reason my listing price gets stuck on the base rate for the display of all the listings and does not actually calculate until someone actually clicks on my listing to read it and then the correct monthly price appears.

Mary-Ann0
Level 10
Sun City, AZ

Hi Everybody @David126@Karen-and-Brian0 and @Keith30,

Good news - just wanted to let you know that this particular glitch was fixed and now my place appears with correct price in the 28 night or more search for Oct. and Nov.

I emailed them (twice) and it took a week but they took care of it so I am happy and relieved.