I didn't receive my Travel credit after signing up through a referral link?

Answered!
Gemma-Rose0
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I didn't receive my Travel credit after signing up through a referral link?

I signed up through my parents Airbnb host referral but neither I nor my parents received the travel credit we were supposed to after I hosted my first guests.

Just wondering if there is a way to fix that. I want to refer more hosts but I'd also like the referal program to work

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Tamás7 Once someone accepts a referral and creates a new account, then that person cannot accept any more referrals, so in this case, if your friend accepted a referral from someone else, he is no longer able to accept a referral from you. 

That said, you can still refer new friends to Airbnb in order to earn Travel Credits.  

This link, the Referral Terms of Service, may be helpful to you: 

https://www.airbnb.com/referrals/terms_and_conditions

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Gemma-Rose0,

When you hosted your first guests was the reservation for a qualifying amount.

You have to host a stay that is for more than the qualifying amount of around US$ 75.

See the "Qualifying reservations" section in the article below.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/84

If the reservation was a qualifying one then contact Airbnb.

Steve.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Gemma-Rose0@Steve143 In order to receive the hosting bonus, the referred host needs to have hosted a reservation of $100 USD or more excluding guest fees, Airbnb service fee and taxes, if applicable. 

A qualifying reservation for Travel Credits is $75 USD or more excluding fees.  🙂

Our referring hosts have been hosting for some time now and have made over $800 our first booking was also over $100.

my guess is that there was a glitch when I clicked sign up from the referral link that didn't connect our accounts? because I don't see anything about us on their account or them on our account

@Gemma-Rose0 Yeah, when the referred friend doesn't use the link you sent to create their new Airbnb account, you won't get credit for their hosting efforts and since they have already signed up and listed a space it is too late now.  You can check to see if this is the case by going to www.airbnb.com/invite and see the status of your referral.  If it says your friend hasn't yet signed up that will confirm my suspicions.  The referral system is automated so referred users must use the link. 

Let me know what you see as the status of your referral. Thanks!

Booo I don't think they linked up. I signed up through their referral link but I'm not on their referral list. is their any way to fix that?

@Gemma-Rose0 Well, if you used a referral link to create your Airbnb account (doesn't matter who sent it to you), you should have at the minimum a Travel Credit.  Did you check?

Hello there,

I guess I also has problems with the referral system. My invitee got his credit, but on www.airbnb.com/invite it says he hasn't yet signed up. It is normal or I should start to worry about something went wrong?

Tom

@Tamás7 Does your invitee status say that he hasn't signed up or that he hasn't taken a trip yet?

In order for you to receive your Travel Credit for the referral, your friend needs to book and complete a qualifying reservation.  In most areas a qualifying reservation is at least $75 USD (or the equivalent in local currency) excluding Airbnb's service fee, guest fees or taxes, if applicable.  Your invitation page will state what amount is needed for a qualifying reservation. 

Within 2 weeks of the completion of a qualifying reservation, you will receive your Travel Credit. 

If your friend used the link in the invitation email you sent to create his new account, he will receive his Travel Credit immediately which will automatically apply to a qualifying reservation.  

Hope this helps explain!

@Clare0The situation can be more complicated as you think. Someone invited him before, and he signed up with that referral link, but after that he cancelled his account and he joined via my invitation. So, could it mean that he joined to someone else? Or could it be OK if the site says that he hasn't signed up yet? He already paid his first booking and get his discount.

Thank you for your help!

@Tamás7. Yes, this is complicated!  By creating, deleting and creating an account again, he may have become ineligible for referrals, sadly.  I can't say for sure since I can't see the actions your friend took, but I'm quite sure that Airbnb has systems in place to prevent people from gaming the system.

Creating an account then deleting it and then creating another account to accept referrals from multiple sources would violate Airbnb's Terms, I'm sure. 

If your status says that he hasn't signed up, likely he got his Travel Credit from someone else's referral.  

"gaming the system", "violate Airbnb's Terms"

@Clare0, it's not that you talking about. He participate in the promotion with his first accommodation, and it happens once. There was no purpose to "gaming the system", and didn't accept referrals from multiple sources. He got zero accommodations before deleting his 0 day old account. He got two invitations and accidentally used the wrong.

" If your status says that he hasn't signed up, likely he got his Travel Credit from someone else's referral."

Is it possible to move his account under mine?

@Tamás7 I certainly did not intend to imply your friend was gaming the system!  I just meant to say that likely Airbnb's systems are set to identify when a person accepts a referral then cancels the account and then establishes a new one.  

I'm not sure what you mean by moving his account to yours.  Do you mean establishing your friend as your referral so you get Travel Credits?

@Clare0I see.

"Do you mean establishing your friend as your referral so you get Travel Credits?"
That's right.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Tamás7 Once someone accepts a referral and creates a new account, then that person cannot accept any more referrals, so in this case, if your friend accepted a referral from someone else, he is no longer able to accept a referral from you. 

That said, you can still refer new friends to Airbnb in order to earn Travel Credits.  

This link, the Referral Terms of Service, may be helpful to you: 

https://www.airbnb.com/referrals/terms_and_conditions