I got everything done, room is perfect but no booking yet in LA. I need help!

Cathy29
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I got everything done, room is perfect but no booking yet in LA. I need help!

I thought my photos look pretty great. I painted and got a new bed and bedding and not a peep yet....

Can anyone give me some tips; is it the wording of my listing? Photos?  I thought the pricing was good. The hotels in my area are starting at least $40-50 more than I am asking per day.  A rep from AbnB suggested I charge the security deposit, does anyone else? What could be keeping the guests away?

Thank you so much, I really want to make this a success!!!

Cathy

3 Replies 3
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Cathy29 You mention how your price is below area hotels. How does it compare to other "Private room" AirBnB listings within 5 or so miles of your place? How long have you been listed? It could just be that you need to build a little "traction". Some will argue against this, but you might try lowering your rate by just a little ($5-10) until you pick up 4-5 bookings and get some positive reviews. Then start to slide them up and even make the Fri/Sat rate a few bucks higher than weekdays. As I said, some will argue against that, but it worked for us. We've slowly built up to renting $20 higher than our starting rates *and* we typically book up 90% or better. With rave reviews for both quality and value.

Kris12
Level 6
Pattaya, Thailand

The biggest problem is, that you only have 4 pictures.

And the pictures are very dark, open up the curtains when you take the pictures.

The listing says there is a pool, where is the pictures of the pool?

Laptop friendly workspace? Dryer, cable TV, kitchen, parking?

You need more pictures of what you are offering. When I see you listing, I see only a bed and a bathroom.

Thank you, Kris. Will improve the photos. Cathy