I have 2 hours left and I desperately looking for advice

Diana356
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

I have 2 hours left and I desperately looking for advice

Hi 

I have a guest who is traveling with 2 other guest. He did not explaind who the other 2 guest are or even who he is. He looks very young on his profile picture. Profile picture is his selfie in the mirror. No bio...and no reviews. On his profile shows 2 verification: 

e-mail and phone number, but I can not see that info until I agree to host him and his guests. He has no age on the profile just

Hey, I’m Daniel!

New York, United States · Joined in May 2017

He reqested 3 beds that makes me think that it is not a couple traveling, maybe friends. What should I do?

I am new to the Airbnb comunity but so far I had guests who used Airbnb for first time and did not had reviws but they was a bit more upfron in the messege and was traveling with kids or alone. I leave near University so I am a bit worried about this one. I do need the money to help my son but I would like to know what qestions "OK" to ask before i approve his reqest.

Please help (: me

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Diana356. In this "business" there is always a risk. Guests without any reviews don't have to be bad. It's always good to keep an eye on guests. But request their ID upon checking in.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you set your listing for Verified ID so that only those with government ID can book.

Personally I would never accept a booking from someone who didn't tell me

1. About themselves

2. Plans for their stay

3. Who is travelling with them

4. why they chose my place

Remove Instant Book so you can vet each guest before accepting the booking

There are other ways to make money other than Airbnb. Your and your sons safety comes first.

Emily140
Level 10
St Helena, CA

Goodness you have every right to decline a reservation from a first-timer who can't take the time to write a profile and identify his guests.  I would have refused that reservation.  First, however, I would have written back:  "Hello Daniel, Airbnb is a service built on trust and transparency.  In sharing our home, we want to ensure the guest experience will be an ideal fit.  Please complete your profile, identify your guests and purpose of travel.  Thank you!"  Or such.  Put your property first.  MOST Airbnb guests are awesome, outgoing, adventurous, responsible and fun to host.  But I've had a bad experience after ~6 months of hosting and I hope not to have another as it's disturbing to have unkind, unappreciative, irresponsible people in your home!!