I have a 4 bedroom B&B and can't find a way of listing this accurately on Air BNB...

Kevin178
Level 2
Confolens, France

I have a 4 bedroom B&B and can't find a way of listing this accurately on Air BNB...

So, as above, we have a 4-room B&B but I can't find a way of listing this accurately on Air BNB... the Help Centre seems to suggest that I need to go through the entire listings process (detailed descriptions, place, overview boxes, guest manuals etc) 4 separate times, including then having to update 4 separate calendars manually WHICH IS CRAZY WASTEFUL.  I live here too so listing as 'entire place' isn't accurate or fair to guests either...

And how will somoen looking for a group booking ever find us if we have to keep rooms separate?

Anyone have any suggesitons on how to get the tool to work properly please? (I'm hoping I've just missed something along the way)

Thanks in advance

KB

18 Replies 18
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Kevin178,

Unfortunately you have not missed anything and this is covered in this help article: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i...

You will need to make 4 separate listings but you could include the listing ID's in each description as this will not be blocked out as they are Airbnb URLs.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for your suggestions folks - much appreciated... only thing is that I can't find the listing ID link you refer to.  Is this under a settings section or is literally just the URL of the listing please?

Cheers again

KB

@Kevin178

Do a preview of your listing.

Thanks 🙂

I receive a booking from a group of 10 persons that want to reserve 4 double rooms for 8 persons and 2 single rooms for 2 for

1 night accommodation.   The rate and income to me is only for 1 room  eg ZAR 800    I then have to decline this booking as a completly rediculous rate.  Someone at the help desk said I should send a special offer rate and change the ZAR 800 to the rate it should be for the booking of 10 persons to ZAR800x4double rooms = ZAR3

200 +ZAR700x2 for 2 single rooms = ZAR1 400  Total amount should be ZAR4 600  so would be the special offer rate!!!!!!!??????

I have subsequently listed all the 6 rooms separately but then receive  NO  enquires for large bookings.  If someone could assist me with this problem I would be more than grateful.

Kind regards

Nikki  Willcox

Inanda's First B&B

36 First Ave

Illovo

Sandton/Johannesburg

South Africa

email address:  inandasfirst@yahoo.co.za

Amelia29
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Aaahhhh, I am having the same problem.  I have two rooms but am required to list each of them but want to be able to offer the two rooms as an option for perhaps, a family of four.  I feel it is computer people who design the site that have plenty of time and like making things over complicated...I have tried to get in touch with airbnb and it is nigh on impossible. 

If you find a way through it all let me know.

Amelia

@Amelia29

For the time being you would need to work with the system or find a more suitable platform.  airbnb is not going to change it just for you.

Amelia29
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Ha ha,, I know that but thanks for the reply,

it was a generalised tongue in cheek comment that covers most things computerised!  I am pleased to say that I have sorted out my listing now all under one roof so to speak.  Best wishes, A 

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Amelia  As @Dave0 and Deb say, you can set up a separate listing for each of your rooms; and  if you want to be able to offer two rooms on one booking, set up a third listing and in Basics, you can put the number of bedrooms as 2.  Be careful to keep all three calendars updated - it's easiest to do it in the Multi-Calendar view.  It's best not to use Instant Book.

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Amelia29 Hello from the other side of Scotland.  Just repeating this for you as your name didn't appear! You need to create one listing for each room, as described.  Then you create another listing for all four rooms, as a package, and in Basics, you can put the number of bedrooms as 4.  Be careful to keep all the calendars updated - it's easiest to do it in the Multi-Calendar view.  It's best not to use Instant Book for the multi-room listing.

Rasanjana0
Level 1
Galle, Sri Lanka

Hey everyone, greetings from sunny Sri Lanka!

I've got the same issue. I have a six bedroom Bed & Breakfast with a restaurent and almost all guests seem to thing that i give away my entire property for USD 80!!

And it doesnt make sense to have six different listings for my six rooms, any other way of giving an accurate idea to my potential guests? 

Thanks so much in advance. Wishing you all a great weekend!

Gay7
Level 1
Limbe, Malawi

I am in exactly the same situation with nine rooms and I live in the house.   Now I have a group that want to come and after the first booking it is blocked to all others.  Do I really have to go through a separate listing for each room?   This is crazy.  Can anyone help us?

@Gay7  As you've probably read above, YES, each room needs to have a separate listing.  It's time consuming on the front end, but once it's set up, it works quite nicely.

Thanks for commenting and we would all very much like to hear how you are making it work for your multi-room premesis as I think the rest of us are more than a bit stuck as to how to progress 🙂

Thanks in advance

Kevin