I have a potential guest that has NOT been verified and has NO reviews any suggestions?

I have a potential guest that has NOT been verified and has NO reviews any suggestions?

Anybody hosted a guest without reviews and no verification, how safe is that? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Eric86
Level 1
San Ramon, CA

Whenever I get a situation like this I try and talk with them via the message service and feel them out.  I ask them about what they plan on doing during their trip, a loose idea of their schedule and it helps if they have a picture of themselves versus some inanimate object.  If I can't get comfortable doing this I just don't accept the reservation.  When I first started this I thought I had to accept everything but as it turns out there are always more people willing to rent so it is far more important to feel comfortable and not stress about an upcoming guest.  Hope that helps.

Good luck,

Eric

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Some guests have problems with showing ID to Airbnb online, might not be IT competent. I would tell them that you will need to see photo ID on arrival as they have not verified their profile. I host new guests all the time who have no reviews and often no verification, I see it as no different to just having guests arrive from the local visitor info centre. I know absolutely nothing about them.

Hosting is never 100% safe, verified or not.

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Brigette3,

Encourage new Guests to the platform to 'level up' to the status you require to make you comfortable to Host them. This can be done easily with polite suggestions and guidance. We all have to start somewhere.

Airbnb continues to grow so we'll always have new users joining up.. this is part of being a good Host. 🙂

Cheers,

Paul

---

If someone provides a useful response send with a thumbs up!

Useful Links to Check Out:

Co-Organiser of Melbourne's Finest... Hosts too! 🙂

II would not want to rent to a guest without verified ID; it just adds another level of security. If they have a computer then they can easily do it, and if they are trying to book on Airbnb.com then surely they have a computer!  It there are issues involving the police I presume that Airbnb would release their driving license or passport details.