I have an interest in my flat but person doesn't have any reviews, any experiences with this?

I have an interest in my flat but person doesn't have any reviews, any experiences with this?

Hi all,

I'm new to AirBnb and have just had a request to stay in my flat.  The person who has shown interest does not have any reviews but their profile has two verifications - what does this mean?  What are the verifications?  Are there any known 'scams' for new to AirBnb profiles or am I just a bit nervous/paranoid? 🙂  

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Kyle4,

I noticed that you do not have any reviews and I cannot speak to your experience.  Just ask lots of questions and if you do not feel comfortable with the guest, do not host them.  Every guest has to start from somewhere and I think about 85% of the people I have hosted have no reviews and it is their first time.  

Verified ID: this means that the guest has verified certain things about themselves like their email address, Facebook, LinkedIn, Offline Id (drivers license, passport), Phone number, Google, etc.  You will not receive any of this information except the phone number when the guest confirms a booking.  

Verified ID.png

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ines8
Level 1
California, United States

I had bad experience with people with no reviews only one was good from 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

We've hosted quite a few first time Airbnb guests (with verification). So far, no problems.