I have been 3 weeks as a host on Airbnb, but got no response to my listings

I have been 3 weeks as a host on Airbnb, but got no response to my listings

I´m a host but got no response to my listings, although my accommodation is very well located. Why?

Greetings, 

Ingibjörg ***

3 Replies 3
Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

@Ingibjorg0  I looked at your profile and your listing has 3 reviews (although they're pretty old).

Is there a different listing to which you refer?  if so you may want to check that it's activated.

One other option is to make sure you're pricing is still workable for your neighborhood.

You can go to Everbooked via this link and click on "comparable listings" and see where you stack up to other listings nearby (I'm not sure if they cover Reykjvaík  but if so that may help, otherwise, just search around you and make sure you're not over priced.

You may need to lower prices temporarily (or use automated pricing -- I use everbooked rather than AirBnB's pricing tool--I find it more effective)

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Ingibjorg0, I read recently - last week, I think - that authorities are now coming down heavily on AirBnB accommodation in Iceland, and specifically Rekjavik. Perhaps this is playing a role. 

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Ingibjorg0, the five reviews you had in the past are very positive ones. 

One thing I might suggest is that you take advantage of AirBnB's free offer of a professional photographer to take photos of your listing. The ones you currently have don't do the place justice at all.

I would also suggest that you put a Security Deposit in place.

You might also try limiting your minimum night stay, perhaps to 2 or 3 nights, just to see if it makes any difference. And offer a discount for a stay of 7 nights.

Another idea might be to change up the number of guests and the price. For instance, offer one price (for instance, €148) to accommodate 1-2 people, and indicate that the charge for each person after the second is, for example, €15 (thus bringing it up to €178 for 4 people).  This could open up more interest.