I have been offered a Stylish 2 bed flat in Bournemouth for long term -How to check upon the Authenticity of the Flat

Darpan0
Level 1
Delhi, India

I have been offered a Stylish 2 bed flat in Bournemouth for long term -How to check upon the Authenticity of the Flat

Hello,

We are trying to rent a 2 BHK flat for long term in Bournemouth ,UK.

We have been sent a link by the owner of the flat who says his property is managed and rented through Airbnb.

He wants us to pay the advance for the one month rent and the deposit .

He claims that after the receipt of the payment Airbnb will be sending the rental contract along with the house keys and address and we can have possession.

Within 5 days if we do not like the property ,Airbnb would then refund us the funds back.

The link approval from Airbnb what he has sent is:

https://airbnb.rooms391-7krl3njgk9lg7krl3n-7j8u9g51-73lw-87x5.com/676f/stylish-2-bed-flat-in-bournem...

Now since all this is new to us as we have never done this before ,Can you kindly confirm from Airbnb that this is authentic property and this is no scam and genuinely this the way how Airbnb manages the long term properties for its clients and rents them.

That the process said above is valid and we are not getting prey to any sort of scams here.

Appreciate your earliest feedback.

Kind Regards

Darpan

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Darpan0 

It is a (well known) scam.

URL is not Airbnb website.

Procedures mentioned are not Airbnb procedures.

@Emiel1 

Thank You so much mate. I thought of  the same .

Appreciate it !

Kind Regards,

Darpan

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Darpan0  Scam.  Airbnb does nothing but exist as a web site that facilitates the booking and takes the payment.  Airbnb has no keys or rental contracts and anyone trying to get payment outside the platform is a scammer. You should report this listing to Airbnb.

Darpan0
Level 1
Delhi, India

@Mark116  .Hey Mark,T

Thank you so much.

To your surprise ,I have got a whole bunch of similar offers flooded in.

I will be reporting all the links to Airbnb in one go.

Hope this saves the community from these rogues.

Cheers mate!

Appreciate the input.

Regards,  

@Darpan0  You don't understand- reporting them to Airbnb accomplishes nothing- they have nothing to do with Airbnb, they are just online scammers. The place to report them is to the websites where these scammers are posting their ads.