I have not gotten ANY requests since i recently re-listed my space. Super weird... any thoughts?

Lisa33
Level 1
New York, NY

I have not gotten ANY requests since i recently re-listed my space. Super weird... any thoughts?

I have not gotten ANY requests since i recently re-listed my space.   Super weird... any thoughts?

3 Replies 3
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey Lisa, welcome to the forum.

It's a really slow period for our area right now so it's not too suprirising to me that you don't have many enquiries, especially if you're re-listing a place that might have been dormant for a while. Re-listing a place is almost like starting new where you have to lower your prices in order to compete with cheaper priced locals then once you get a few new bookings/reviews, it almost kick-starts your ranking.  I'm sure this is all stuff that's not news to you, so sorry if I'm repeating stuff that you already know.

good luck!

Trevor0
Level 3
New York, NY

@Lisa33 not weird, slow. I've been hosting for three years, every year January-Mar everything comes to a hault.

Good luck!

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

Hi Lisa,

It has been slow even in California and we aren't expecting any storms or blizzards. You may want to ask a friend who has never used Airbnb to enter your city and zip and filter to private room to see what page your listing pops up in. That may also be affecting the number of inquiries.

If I can make a few recommendations-

1. *Check if Airbnb offers professional photographery in your area. Your unit offers one of the greatest amenties in NY- a private bathroom!
  2. Giving your bedding a little more of a luxurious feel would also be great- especially for when the season picks up.
  3. Add additional pictures of the apartment such as the common areas
  4. Add some pictures of things that are near your location for potential guests to get an idea of what they can do in your neighborhood

Hope it picks up for all of us!