I have suddenly been delisted and I don't know why. Ratings have been good.

Answered!

I have suddenly been delisted and I don't know why. Ratings have been good.

Have turned a couple of bookings down. Also is it best to list without breakfast. Would be a lot cheaper.

1 Best Answer

Matthew - I have found my place and discovered the price is something like $200 more than I charge. Does airband b add on amounts of money?

Thanks Mary

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Mary770 ,

Your listing is still active (or did you listed more then one ?) : 

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=14912469

Best, Emiel

Why then when I put airbnb olinda, my bnb is not there. How did you get to it? Thanks Mary

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Mary770 ,

Because you don't filter for it. Search for Olinda brings up a lot of listings, so you have to do some filtering. Filter on "entire house" and on "four guests" and it is on the 4th page !

Or zoom in on the map in right direction, and you will find it also.

(So it is definitily not delisted ! )

Best regards, Emiel

Emiel - are you searching on a saved version of airbnb. I have used both chrome and internet explorer and I have put in hte filter you suggest - which appear to be strange given a small caravan becomes a home for four.

@Mary770, I am not sure why you do not believe @Emiel1 when he says he can find your listing.

I did the same search, except with even fewer filters and I found your place.

I looked in Olinda for any place that can fit 4 guests. Your listing appeared.

The reason you are having trouble finding your listing is not that it has been delisted. The reason your listing is so hard to find is because it ranks so very low in the search ranking. In my search for listings for 4 guests, there were 275 results. Yours was on the very last page at #273.

I don't know exactly why your search ranking is so low; your can ask other hosts to look at your listing and give you advice on how to improve how it ranks in the search. But it definitely active and it can definitely be found. But being #273 of 275 is not good.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 6.48.17 PM.png

Thanks Matthew - does anyone know how listing is decided. At the moment I give very generous provisions. If I cut those out and just offered the place, it would cut the price considerably. Would that alter my position on the list? Best wishes Mary

@Mary770, the process by which the rankings happen is somewhat of a mystery, mainly because AirBnB does not share how they calculate them. I have a bunch of information I share sometimes on the topic. I will put it here for your perusal:

AirBnB is deliberately vague on how ranking is done. Here is their information page about it:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/39/what-factors-determine-how-my-listing-appears-in-search-resul...

Here is one AirbnB blog entry about search matching:

https://blog.atairbnb.com/how-search-makes-the-best-matches/

Here is a very informative AirBnB blog entry about how to rank higher (I think this one is the best):

https://blog.atairbnb.com/search/

Finally, here is a Reddit post where someone did a small bit of analysis about search ranking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/6113kx/ranking_of_listing_factors_correlating_to_search/?st...

If you don't have time to read all the links, here are some highlights (in no particular order):

1. Instant Book: Very Helpful
  2. SuperHost status: Not supposed to be a factor.
  3. Being the kind of host that *is* a SuperHost: Definitely a factor.
  4. Tweaking your listing every day: Not Helpful
  5. Being put on lots of people's Wish Lists: Very Good
  6. Getting clicked on (views): Good
  7. Receiving inquiries: Good
  8. Competitive price: Very Good.
  9. Declining people’s booking requests: Bad
  10. Positive Ratings from Guests: Good
  11. Having lots of reviews: Good
  12. Being a new listing: Very Good
  13. Being responsive to guests: Good
  14. Cancelling a confirmed booking: Very Bad

Also: be aware that the way the search results are ranked can vary from one guest to another. Just because you are high or low in the list for one guest doesn’t mean you will be in that position for ALL guests.

Matthew - I have found my place and discovered the price is something like $200 more than I charge. Does airband b add on amounts of money?

Thanks Mary

@Mary770, I did notice your price was higher in the search results overview than when I clicked on your listing to see it in detail.

What's up with that?

I bet that would push you *way* down the rankings (having a price accidentally $200 higher than you wanted.)

BTW, to tag someone like this @Mary770, type the '@' sign and choose the name.

That will make sure they see your response.

Matthew - I don't understand what BTW is but I am really fed up that there is noone at AirBandB available to talk with. Everyone has been most helpful though. Thanks to all of you so much

@Mary770, sorry for the unexplained acronym.

"BTW" means "By the way"

Thanks Matthew. You are a wealth of information. Will keep all of you posted as to my placing when I go in an alter some things today.

I am a single female superhost. The only “food” I provide is coffee pods for my keurig machine. I have keyless entry which means they can check in at their leisure.  I also have 48” tv on the wall with cable tv, netflix and high speed internet which seems to be a big plus for guests.  I never decline anyone. If i have an issue I call Airbnb and let them handle it. I hope this helps to bring your listing higher up the list

Thanks, @Matthew285. Do you know what "Male-to-female ratio" (#21 on the Redit post) means?