I have verified my account but whenever I try to book it says The name you entered does not match the identity info"

Sabrina935
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I have verified my account but whenever I try to book it says The name you entered does not match the identity info"

Last week I had booked two airbnbs in China one for myself and one for my friend who was having the same problem I am having now. For reference, I am a student living in China. I have already verified my account but I am still getting this problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can book an airbnb in China. 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sabrina935  No, I don't, but you can't book for a friend. Third party bookings are not allowed and if a different person shows up from the one who booked, the host doesn't have to allow them to stay. The person who books has to be one of the people who is staying.

Your friend needs to book under their own account.

Sorry, the way I worded it made it sound like my friend and I were not staying together. I booked one that I wanted and one that my friend wanted and we stayed in the houses together. 

@Sabrina935  Thanks for clarifying. I don't know why you are having a problem with the name match. It sounds like you need to talk to customer service to try to sort that out.