I haven't received a payout

I haven't received a payout

Who would help when having problems with Pay out? Airbnb says the reservation has been paied but my paypal account does not show that. The guest has been already 1 week in the propperty and I haven't receive money.

I am a new hosts but I had been able to receive reinburstments as  guest.

So I am not sure why the transaction has not been successfull.

323 Replies 323
Colin93
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Its been a nightmare for me so far. No problems for two years and now I havent received any payments for two months - 3 visits now unpaid. I must have made over 100 calls and emails. After I finally got copies of the actual transfers, my bank has gotten back to me to say they cant track the transfers without the Swift messages.. whatever they are. I had to contact some company called payoneer. They finally got back to me to say i need to sign something from Exchange4free  - whoever they are - they say i was supposed to get an email with some paper attached to sign.   Ive never gotten an email from Exchange 4free. Called payoneer - now they say they transferred it to some other department who will get back to me in a few days. Two months and counting...

Hi there,

It sounds like you are cought up in some sort of scam cycle. or it could be an issue with your email or other informaton in your bank profile and your AirBnb profile. The information needs to match. Personally, I don't trust banks to handle my money. Did your guests have any issues? Let AirBnB know that you will need to suspend your listings to protect your guests from a potential scam.

Hope this helps and that things work out soon.

Dit is Alles n fok ‘nightmare’

This what I got after nearly a week of messages back and forth:

Hi Andrew, this is Kim thank you for the prompt response. I'm already working on this matter for you Andrew since I'm not getting any response from our tech team regarding your transaction history dashboard, I'm already reaching out to payment and paout department for your specific payout for reservation ** I've already inquired for this specific payout for any concern. I wll get back to you after 48 hours since that is the standard time for them to answer back.

This is the first message with any meaning in it. The rest were just standard processing replies.  NOTE:  the sentence  "I'm not getting any response from our tech team" is not what they were saying before, They were telling me that the tech team had "no updates".  So I sense that we have now stepped into a more honest conversation and this time with a measurable timescale. 

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

They are lying, just stalling so hopefully you will give up because you are so frustrated.    they are con artist all trained to say the same thing.  Run from this company    they are not to be trusted

Robert713
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

What you will find often when dealing with any American system are the age-old service issues.

When it comes to balancing service debt they retain funds to collect interest over a time period, basically making hidden money on money given to them by a second party, holding back funds due, to collecting interest is a sign of not having a very good balance sheet 

What happens frequently is that the money is pooled from clients then distributed only when at interest r meets the required time period of expected gain, some get paid out straight away while others must wait until further pooled funds are released

In reality, it is a pyramid type system, if and when it collapses due to loss of clientele, not all can be paid, there will be a number who will never get their money    

It is actually illegal to take money from a second party hold it then distributed it to a third party for interest gathering. My experience tells me they are being bankrolled and controlled by an aggressive second party who in reality control Airbnb 

I would think there is huge potential for a new business with an honest payment system

Airbnb would have a bank or second separate identity within its make up that gathers interest from  money lent to them       

So far it has been 5 months and no payment for  one reservation in amount of $1560. I have been on the phone at least 10 times and numerous emails. Airbnb customer service seems to be the worst there is, they keep on telling you somone will get back to me , and no one ever does, 15% of the time I silly get hung up on after they put me on hold. Asking to talk to a supervisor or another department never gets you anywhere. I'm lost as to what to do and very frustrated. I do host a lot with Airbnb but this type of Mickey mouse games they are playing will probably in the long run colapse their business.  

First year as hosts and all was well - until now. I am still waiting for a $1039 payout several days after the guest left the property. 

The story that is unfolding for me is a duplicate of many related ones in this conversation. The "tech dept" has no updates.  But - dont worry - your next payout is showing on your dashboard and is safe.  Glad to hear that, AirBnB - but stop trying to reassure me on something I am not concerned about, and sort out something that I am concerned about.  

The responses I am getting are full of sadness. "We are sad to say there are no updates on this case"   The "tech dept" (are they real?) have nothing to say on this issue. Your sadness is meant to move me to sympathy, whilst you collect interest on my money?

Cut me a check and walk down to the bank - the reality of doing something in the real world may just wake you up!!!  It seems to me that if everything goes well, its great but if there is a problem, they lack the normal customer service manners to deal with it.

"With love from Air BnB"  Nice feeling - now they should match it with action. 

So, time to contact all my upcoming guests and get them to pay me direct. Had to do this once before and they didnt care how they paid.  When they fix this current issue I will come back to them. 

it's 2020 and I am dealing with this issue!!!!!!!! They owe me over 2k and  just keep getting the same "sad, im sorry, we understand, etc etc" messages. The problem is they already charged my upcoming guests. So what do I do now?  Not let them stay? Seems unfair to everyone involved. 

Briana
Laura1951
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

I am dealing with this issue now - waiting on a €99 and €240 payout from the start of july - no issues with any other payouts going through. I even had guests in this weekend and their payout came into my bank account straight away. Customer service keeps telling me that the payouts have been sent - they havent, and ive my bank statement to prove as much. 

Did anyone here actually manage to get their missing payouts?? Any advice in how to do so would be great! thanks!

Keep calling customer service and eventually you’ll get paid.

Bull **bleep** I dont believe it for a second

Laura1951
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Thanks Brad - did you deal with the same issue? I got pretty ratty with them on FB and Twitter today - I hate doing things like that but I'm getting nothing from customer service. 

I just kept calling customer service over and over and over. Stay persistent. 

Mark1082
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Same issue here, no real anwers from the helpdesk .And reading the comments above the only way to activate them is by twitter or comments on timelines/social media.