I haven't received my refund - who do I contact?

Vince26
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

I haven't received my refund - who do I contact?

Hi, 

Im from Philippines, I canceled my boooking last May 02, 2017 and Airbnb sent me an email saying that I was already refunded but It wont reflect on my account until May 10, 2017. I tried to contact them through twitter but i didn't get any response.I tried to searching their contact number for PH at google but I cant find. Can you help me who should I contact to? And any way, How long will it take for a refund to received?

Looking forward for your kind response.

Thank you in advance. 

*title updated

25 Replies 25
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Vince26,

I'm sorry to hear you hadn't yet received your refund - as it has been a few days since you posted this, are you still waiting for this refund or have you received it?

If you are still waiting for it, I would suggest contacting them again - this Community Help Guide gives the phone numbers as well as other ways of contacting them.

I hope you receive it soon!

Kirstie

Vince26
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

Hi Kirstie, 

I called my bank to verify if the refund has been reflected however it shows still not reflecting 😞 

They advised me to wait for my CC statement to be released, to check if the refund will reflect on the day the statement will be released. 

Thank You. 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Vince26,

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed you'll have it when you get your statement!

Kirstie

I booked place in Mykonos a month ago. Same day host cancelled. Charged 665€ to my credit card. Haven't get a refund yet, even though a month has passed. I am really mad! Nowhere to write and complain!!!????

I'm facing a similar issue. Have you received your amount in the bank? How long did it take? 

Would like to hear from you.

Addie1
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

Hi, any updates on this? I haven't received mine yet. 

Hello Kristie,

I had sent a booking request yesterday night but I canceled the request before the host confirmed it. But the amount was still deducted from my account. Why is that? Also, when will I get the refund? 

Diane251
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Hi, I canceled a booking on September 28, but I still haven't received the refund. AirBnB support wrote me back with my concern to check with my bank, which I did, but it's October 16 and I still haven't received it. The bank can't trace it either. How do I proceed with this??

Thara0
Level 1
Metro Manila, Philippines

AIRBNB REFUND IS SO SLOW I CANT WAIT ANY FURTHER IM SO ANNOYED. MAYBE I THEY COULD JUST LET ME USE THAT MONEY FOR ANOTHER BOOKING

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try them on Twitter

Leo259
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

The host cancelled and i received a message from Airbnb stating i would receive the reimbursement on my CC...has been a month and have not received nothing, do you know who can I contact?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Leo259 contact Airbnb since the host never even got your money. Airbnb is the one than needs to give you your money back, you should have contacted them even sooner. 

Jen312
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

I have this same concern. I was told to add a Payout method which I did with 5 business days waiting time to get verified. 10 business days in and still no refund. I raised the concern again because the previous ticket was closed. The new agent's response was useless, didn't seem to get a good grasp of the matter. Now, it's hoping against hope one of them would have a better understanding how to resolve issues like this.

Me too! I didn't think it would take this long... the agent I talked to said it would take up to 15 days? So after the 15 days mark I'm going to call.