I host in Las Vegas, complaints for "Party Houses" is ruining my business

Bernadette82
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

I host in Las Vegas, complaints for "Party Houses" is ruining my business

I live in the County and the rules that are mandatory for the city have not yet hit us. So people in the neighborhood are posting signs all over on stop signs and in the park that short term rentals are illegal and to report anyone they think is doing it. We have tried to get legal but the process for the county is much slower than the city and Henderson where all the laws have been applied and you can pay your fees to be legal.  I am frustrated that I cannot do what I want from my own residence that I OWN.  Code enforcers are going around running license plates from out of state cars and sending out notices for fines. This is so frustrating!! I run a small rental that is so quiet and not disturbing to anyone and the money helps me put my 2 kids through college. The bad apple has to ruin it for us. And the big party houses that are still up and running, just pay the **bleep** fines because they make more in one rental weekend to pay it!! It is not fair!

1 Reply 1
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

"Big Party Houses" is just something to place the blame on. We all go with it and villainize these "Big Party Houses"" but Ive yet to see one in the news or in any articles. Its as if the city gustapo says they exist but dont have any proof.  They are leading through fear not through facts and data. If someone is having a loud party why arent the police being called? The people posting signs are littering and scared of change. The County is scared of change and prefer big corporations with their Billion dollar profits to keep all the money to themselves. Billion dollar corporations arent making our incomes higher. Hosts need to look out for themselves. If Henderson and N.LV can make short term rentals legal then the county needs to get on board.