I'm a guest and the host wants to sell and show the property, can they?

Mark2965
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

I'm a guest and the host wants to sell and show the property, can they?

I'm a guest with a long-term booking and the host wants to routinely bring a realtor and visitors through the property, can they do this?  They have said my long-term booking will remain secure but it's an inconvenience and invasion of my privacy and security.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would say no @Mark2965 unless they made it a condition of staying, when you booked the property.

Just tell them that you booked for sole use of the property and it would interfere with your quiet enjoyment of it and be a security risk for your belongings.

Make sure you keep all contact and conversations about this on Airbnb.

If the hosts insists contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking and help you find an alternative.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Mark2965  As a long term guest, you are actually a tenant and the local regulations  regarding landlord access will probably supersede and AirBNB policy. Most jurisdictions that I know forbid regular showings without at least 24 hour notice and permission from the tenant.

As @Helen3 states, you also have the option of contacting AirBNB and being re-homed. But you might like where you are.