I’m being charged for more than what I’m supposed to pay.

Xueyen0
Level 1
Singapore

I’m being charged for more than what I’m supposed to pay.

The total amount supposed to be $846.45 but I paid for $870.15. This happened to all of my recent bookings. May I know why am I paying more?

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You will need to give Airbnb a call and ask them.

As a community of hosts it's not something we can help with.

Hi! I couldnt find the hotline in the website, tried so many ways and thought community might be able to help! I managed to message them now. Thank you for your reply! 🙂

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If you need to know exactly, @Xueyen0you must contact Airbnb Customer Service - use Twitter @AirbnbHelp or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/. Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Here, it is a community of hosts and guests.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi! I finally managed to message them using the above link! Thank you for the links! 🙂

Kim-Kanyaa0
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

i have had the same problem. if i have to receive 490,00 usd on my usd account i only receive 463 usd. over 500 usd exampel rent income 845,00 usd i receive only 796,00 usd. the difference just disapire with no information of a cost or anything.  my local bank charge me every transfer 12 usd for receiving the amount. so its not because airbnb pay all costs for the transfer. i talked to a person from aibbnb and she was suposed to send me an email whats wrong. but i never got anything. My apartment is in Berlin Germany, and my account is in Kenya. Its one month ago i talked to airbnb and need to contact them again. I found out this has been going on for long time. But not for my apartments in Kenya, there i receive full amount. anyway if you find out something share it.

I have a guest wanting to book with me. my rate is 100 a night and i said i would give her a discount of 90 a night. what she is seeing on her computer is 123 per night discounted to 115 a night. anyone know why  - sounds iffy to me. ?

@Anne807 the Airbnb service fee is always added to the price of a booking.

It shouldn't be 23% though. Supposedly it varies between 6% to 12% on the guest side, depending on the total price of the reservation.

Is there a currency conversion going on? You did not put any currency symbols in your message.

I assume that since you are in France that you are quoting 100 Euros per night.

I see your price as US $128 per night.

What currency is your guest viewing the price in?

Thanks Mathew, yes it is in Euros. I have asked various friends around the globe to check my site and prices. They confirm that apart from currency differences , my prices are what they should be (euros). I will be in contact with my potential guest today to find out if the 123 euros per night is her total price including the service charge , divided by each night or is this the room rate per night which I quote. I'm sure I'll figure it out today. I was actually unaware of the service charge that airbnb charge the guest.  Thanks again x

@Anne807 there is a way for the host to see the prices that a guest will see.

Go to your Host Dashboard and choose the "Calendar" page.

Once you see your Calendar, you can select a day or range of days.

On the right side, in a box you will see some details about the dates you have selected.

There should also be a link labelled "What do guests pay?" (or its French equivalent).

If you click on that link, a dialog box will appear and display your pricing as a guest would see it.

Matthew thankyou for your kind help. My guest was looking at the price in US Dollars like you said. Problem solved and she has booked.  Have a great day x