I missed the 48 hours to post a review. What can I do now?

I missed the 48 hours to post a review. What can I do now?

I missed the 48 hours window to post the review about my most recent guest. Is there a way to still do it?

2 Replies 2
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Which 48 hours window?? You should have 14 days.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Katharina10 Hi Katharina...You have not said how long ago this guest stayed with you, but you do have 14 days to leave a review! Provided you received an email from Airbnb to participate in a review of the guest then follow the prompts in that email. You will be first asked to star rate your guest, and whether you recommend this guest to other hosts or not. You will then be invited to write your review. You will be asked to leave a public review which everyone will see and also private feedback which only the guest will see. You will also be asked to comment on your experience with this guest which only Airbnb will see.

You have 14 days in which to write your review, and when both yours and the guests reviews have been received by Airbnb, both will be published and become visible on each others profile. At this point you will be offered the opportunity to respond to the guests comments. This is so that you can answer any comments that conflict with your review of the guest...... or support and thank the guest for any kind comments they may have made.

If you do not post a review within fourteen days (I am not sure if that is 14 days of guests departure or 14 days of receiving the review email) and the guest does, their review will become public, and you will have no further opportunity to enter into the review system with this guest, regardless of circumstance.

I said in the opening of this post "Provided you received an email from Airbnb to participate in a review of the guest"....and I said that because there are numerous complaints on this forum at the moment that both hosts and guests are not receiving notification from Airbnb to leave a review, and if this is your situation Katharina, you should contact Airbnb help centre in your country. You will find a link to the help centre phone numbers in each country in 'Community-Help-Guides' at the start of the General Hosting page. Cheers.....Rob