I moved and updated my pictures

Joseph230
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

I moved and updated my pictures

I recently moved and I updated the pictures for my space but have not been able to update my address.  It apears that I need to create an entire new listing but I have a few guests already booked and do not to lose their information or my calendar.  Is there a way just to update my address?

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Joseph230

You've moved house and are still using the previous listing.

The existing listing needs to be snoozed,

add a new listing, then delete the old listing when it has no more guests.

Or ring customer service and ask if they will change the address, although I don't think your reviews would be carried over in either way.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Joseph230,

The location and listing is not the same as it was when the guests booked and you expect that that is OK from a guest's perspective?

The address information that they will have received in their confirmation notification will be for the listing that they booked.

Of course, in the long run, you need to create a new listing as, aparently, you curently don't own the listing that the future guests have already paid for.

When a guest books, there's a contract between you and them so that what they paid for is what they must be provided with unless they agree otherwise.

You can either cancel the bookings or contact Airbnb support and see if they can persuade the guests to accept accommodation in a different location than where they first booked.

You must at least snooze the old listing as you, presumably, don't still own it. You won't loose the reviews that you have for the previous listing . They will still appear on your profile but not, of course, on your new listing's page.

You must deactivate it when all current future bookings have been completed.

The article below describes the situation when a host has several listings and wishes to redirect a guest to an alternative listing from the one they enquired about or booked. See the "After you've paid for your reservation" section. It may be of help.

What if a host informs me that the listing I already paid for is now unavailable but they have an al...

Steve.