I need Airbnb to help a potential guest get verified.

James202
Level 1
Amherst, MA

I need Airbnb to help a potential guest get verified.

Today, I received the following email:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Message
Date: September 27, 2016 at 10:15:33 AM EDT
[email address hidden]
Reply-To: "Cathy (Airbnb)" 

Respond to Cathy by replying directly to this email.

Airbnb

Hello James, 
I am having trouble verifying. I am a little stressed as I am trying to prepare for a class and running late. I had to put a lot of personal information in about myself, data and I've never done air b and b before. A friend was helping me and did not have to do all of this. I'd like to book the room - it is actually pending on my Amex. Can you help me with this? Thank you - Cathy *** (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Feel free to call me before 11:50 or after 1:15

It should be easy to direct Cathy to Airbnb customer service, but it is not.  I end up here which is a poor substitute for having a rep of Airbnb helping this customer with her problem.

Jim

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

The verification process sometimes take time for various reasons - connecting with Facebook or Linkedin or both helps.  In some cases a video shoot is necessary.  

It would be better if your guest contacts airbnb as it is her issue and her paperwork that has to be added.  Twitter @airbnbhelp usually povide a quick reply.  google "contacting airbnb" + relevant country or search in the search window above will give you results too.

Putting personal info into a public forum is not the best idea.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your prospective guest will need to give BNB a call.  As hosts we can't help with this sort of query.

If you don't have the number use the search function here and you can pass the number onto her.

By the way not the best idea to put personal details of a prospective guest here on this forum.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can not, some people are not suited to online booking.

You can not even pass on the telephone number as the system will block it, you can suggest they call but if they can not do this they probably can not find the number.

David