I need advice on how to check a potential guest is credible.

Donna1172
Level 1
Plymouth, United Kingdom

I need advice on how to check a potential guest is credible.

I need advice on how to check a potential guest is credible. The guest is new to air b & b and has no reviews. The guest in question would like to stay for 54 nights.

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Donna1172 

What information has the guest provided you with so far? Do they have verified ID, a profile description? Did they introduce themselves with a description of themselves and the purpose of their stay? What questions have you asked them?

It's hard to give advice without knowing this.

Donna1172
Level 1
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Hello thank you for responding to my query.

I first heard from the potential guest Sheila Murray early this morning.  The following information is her first correspondence with me: 

My name is Sheila Murray and my husband is working as a consultant medical doctor at Derriford Hospital and we are looking for a 2 bedroom flat to rent from the beginning of January until the end of February. Is your flat available around the 1st of January? I myself am also a medical doctor but will be joing my husband in Plymouth with our 2 children (4 years old and 10 month old) for this time. We would very much like to rent your flat if possible. Could you contact me as soon as possible on my email. Or could I please call you? I myself only have a Dutch number at the moment but perhaps we could get in touch? Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Sheila Murray.

The following is my reply:

Hi Sheila, thank you for your email. This is a new listing. We are on our way home and we will review our listing to reflect a potential long stay. We will get back to you later this evening. Kind regards Donna & Nick.

Then Sheila responded with:

Thank you for your response. To be honest we were hoping to be able to start the tenancy on the 31st of December (as we are currently in temporary accommodation in Saltash) and have to find a place in Plymouth closer to transportation and the hospital. We would be very interested to hear if this is possible, and so not, what the first day would be that we could start the tenancy, if you decide to accept long term stays. Many thanks, Sheila Murray.

We have now asked her to verify herself, but, as yet, she has not replied.

I do apologise for the length email, however, i felt it would help.

Kind regards 

Donna