I need help guest giving a refund

Megan422
Level 2
El Pescadero, Mexico

I need help guest giving a refund

I have moderate cancelation policy but I want to give a full refund to a guest who's check in time is in two days. I am having trouble figuring our how exactly to give the refund. I know that I don't want to cancel the reservation, I want them to cancel. But I don't think I have the option to give the refund after they cancel. I see that in the resolution center I can select "send money". When asked a reason the only option is "Change dates or guests" and then my only option is go to the alteration tool and I can "change" the reservation. Now I don't know what to do, do I just change it so that the cost is $0. Please advise. The only help article I found on how to refund is out of date and incorrect. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Megan422 

The guest need to cancel first. The cancellation policy will calculate the refund . BTW If there are "extenuating circumstances" for for guest to cancel, the guest can ask Airbnb for full refund (including Service costs paid). Otherwise you can use the "sent money" option from the cancelled reservation. Do not use the change option.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Megan422 @Emiel1 have the guest cancel the reservation. When you receive the cancellation you will be presented with an option to allow a full refund.

Great thanks!

Megan422
Level 2
El Pescadero, Mexico

OK thank. I wasnt sure if I could "send money" after they cancel. I have a another guest who cancelled and I'm here looking at his name in my reservations list and I dont see an option to send him money or refund. Is there only a limited amount of time to do so?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Megan422 

At the end of the line for the specific reservation there are "three dots", click on them and the "refund" option should be in the pulldown menu. I do not know of a limited time, but i experienced myself 3 weeks  at least.

Megan422
Level 2
El Pescadero, Mexico

There are three dots on all my reservations except my cancelled reservations.