I need help on a guest that is saying that my house was just discussing He never came into the hom

I need help on a guest that is saying that my house was just discussing He never came into the hom

I just bought a new house and I had it on Airbnb after I finished a bunch of construction. I was so excited to get my first guest in this new home we have been cleaning and getting it ready for him and his family. I was in touch with him the whole day on Friday, May 31 and he kept telling me he was going to be later and later.  All of a sudden I get every message from him saying they thought my house was disgusting with junk everywhere and the neighborhood was terrible. I was offended and hurt as I live in the neighborhood not to mention the hours of backbreaking work to get the house ready for him and his family perhaps there were some things that still needed to be put away but certainly nothing nearly as bad as he made it out to be.  I was home when he pulled up I never saw him I just got the message. Here’s my problem he was advised not to cancel not sure why I don’t want him to give me a review as he never stayed here so I just sent him a message that I want to work it out because I do not want a one star or a no star review to mess up my chances of being a super host does anyone have any others Suggestions?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ruth548  Regardless of whether he cancels or not, he will be able to leave a review. Because Airbnb insanely allows guests to leave a review even if they haven't even seen the property, if they cancel day-of check-in. 

What I don't understand is why "he was advised not to cancel" and by whom?