I need some expertise re: my guest

I need some expertise re: my guest

I had my first guest.  She signed up as 1 guest for dates Nov 1 - Nov 6.  She messaged me that she had to leave early for Miami because her truck broke down.  She asked if she could leave her truck parked outside my place an additional day so she could get a tow truck there.  I told her... no problem and I was sorry her stay was cut short.  I asked her how she like my house and her stay.  She said it was nice and very clean.  My cleaning person went in today and sent me pictures of my house a disaster!  So far, she has not found anything broken... yet there are some screws on the kitchen counter that we are not sure where they came from or what was taken apart.  I do not charge for extra guests, yet I was expecting 1 and all 5 beds were definitely used and dirty baby diapers left on the floor.  Piles of trash on the floor in each room.  Empty soda cans and water bottles under the bed.  The ice tray was removed from the freezer and placed on the counter... which caused the icemaker to fill the freezer with ice like a cooler.  My bedspreads were thrown on the floor with their shower towels and dirty diapers on top of them.  

My question is.... is this typical?  Should I expect this?  Can I collect any of the security deposit for extra cleaning?  

I look forward to some guidance.  

Thank  you,

Kathleen

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would not say it is typical and you can always ask your Guest for additional cleaning  but I doubt if you would have much joy.

I read your description and not sure I would mention the ski resorts when your listing is in Berthoud,

David