I need to delete a review I wrote of a host/property.

Annie248
Level 2
Portland, OR

I need to delete a review I wrote of a host/property.

Please, is there any way I can edit or delete my review of a host/property? It wasn't meant to be posted yet and is way too long - users can't even see the important part of the review because it has ellipses after it! I really don't want to ruin any business for this host and look like a wacko myself 😞 😞 Is there anything I can do or is my profile forever marred??

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Annie248 Unfortunately, you can't delete it. That's the policy of Airbnb for reviews - not to be removed. Next time be more considerate.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

According to Airbnb, review authors can have them removed by request. Do you have info that contradicts this?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Annie248

Just read your review. I can see why you are concerned about it being there.

Airbnb does make it clear that you shouldn't have to pay cash to a host for extra services (other than statutory city tourism fees). 

When you spoke to Airbnb didn't they advise you of this when you told them about the host asking you for cash?

In your situation I have to say I would have cancelled the booking when he did this.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Chad170  If this is really the case, it is just a lousy company. As a host @Branka-and-Silvia0 mentioned that they serve as a judge. I would add that they serve as a very very bad judge!

They did not remove retaliatory reviews with full of lies. But they remove good reviews when a guest requested.  I will try it to remove a good review I left to a guest who left me a negative review too.

@Alice595 You should absolutely do that! Here's what they said (wondering if this will get removed due to their censorship tactics):

"As mentioned earlier reviews can be removed if the author request that it be taken down. [the problem guest] has requested her review be removed therefore we must remove it and can not put it back onto the listing."

This seems 100% contrary to their policy of not allowing reactive skewing of experiences. The guests had a great time - used my place to the fullest and had a great time. Now its removed, which is an inaccurate, retroactive and sketchy business practice with no positive impacts to anyone.

So now the very heavy use to my place doesn't get an accurate reflection of the guests stay, simply because they got caught lying.