I never got either notification either message

Luka4
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

I never got either notification either message

I never got either notification either message,but in my calendar it says I have pending reservation for today.When I enter the reservation there is no option for me to accept or decline. Did anybody had similar problem or knows what to do ? Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Some reservations from new members get stuck during verification process or they give up entirely.  It will go into "cancelled" mode automatically after a while.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

First of all you have instant booking which means people can book without contacting you. BUT, you should still receive a confirmation e-mail. Can I ask, how you found out you have a booking for today? Did you just happen to go to your calendar? How long ago did the guest make the booking

I guess how you proceed at this stage depends on if you can accommodate the request

1) if you can accommodate, that's fine although I would suggest you report it to Airbnb for the record/so they can investigate. It could have been very different if you couldn't accommodate, unfair on the guest and possible penalties for you, so you want Airbnb to be aware of it.

2) if you unable to accommodate, then contact Airbnb ASAP and explain the situation to them. Also e-mail the guest via Airbnb platform to apologise and explain the situation. Suggest they contact Airbnb ASAP which is also what you are doing. Whatever you do O NOT cancel the reservation from you end as you will be penalised. It is very important that you communicate with the guest via the Airbnb mail as text messages, phone calls, WhatsApp, personal e-mails etc. are not considered acceptable evidence of communication.

Wish you all the best and hope you get it sorted out soon.

Ama

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Amaris0

It normally shows up in the "your reservations" list as pending and then goes into cancelled after a while and the calendar is deblocked.  It blocks the calendar during the process and during the time frame the potential guests have to finish the verification process (24 hrs ?).  It is very frustrating when it happens.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marit Anne interesting, hmmmm....

Yes I can imagine it must be frustrating and confusing especially as it actually blocks the calendar as well; thanks for explaining this...

Ama