I referred a host and didn't get a referral payment

Michelle230
Level 1
Redmond, WA

I referred a host and didn't get a referral payment

My superfriend host emailed me her host referral code, and I just completed my first booking. Oddly enough I did not see any referral credit ($50) reflected on my profile. I noticed that in another conversation thread, some other hosts noted that there was a min. host $ threshold. We did not see any indication of such threshold when I first activated the referral link....could someone please share 1) airbnb host customer center email (couldn't find contact anywhere other than toll free number, i prefer email), and 2) confirm if first book threshold is appliable for all host referrals, and what amount?

thanks very much

28 Replies 28
Astrid29
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Michelle, I have the same issue. Sad that there is now obvious way to communicate with airbnb about this - and that we have to find solutions amounst us. Thunb down, I would say.

However, in the past I had a refund issue and I was able to send an email to airbnb. The email address was: urgent (at) airbnb.com

Worth a try, hope it helps.

Best, Astrid

I'm having the same problem.  Neither the host that referred me, nor I have received a referral payment.

Same with me!

Any of you have sorted this issue?

I think there's a phone number where one may call.

I have the same problem. Does Airbnb monitor these forums and respond here ever?

One more here who referred a new host (who in turn completed a booking) and who never got his referral fee.  A sham?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Michelle230@Astrid29@Ellen53@Eliza16@Ritesh1 and @Max44,

I'm sorry you haven't yet received an answer to your question. The Community Center (CC) is a peer-to-peer (i.e. hosts to hosts) community - it is not monitored by the airbnb support team. Lizzie and I do monitor the community as part of the Airbnb CC team, however, we are not part of the support team so do not have access to your accounts to be able to sort out technical issues.

With regards to your issue about referral credits - make sure you are aware of the conditions of the referral credit which are explained on this help guide - it says there that you will only receive the credit when your friend has completed a qualifying reservation (a qualifying reservation usually has a total value of $75 USD or more, excluding guest fees and any taxes). If they have only made/had reservations worth less than that this is the reason you have not yet received your credit.

I hope this answers the question for most of you! If you think, however, that they have done a qualifying reservation but you haven't received your credit then you will need to contact the airbnb support team directly (this Community Help Guide explains the best ways to do so).

Let me know if you have any more questions about the Community Center!

Kirstie

Thanks Kirstie,

My referred host completed a booking for $466, so that's not the answer.   It was just this weekend so perhaps it takes some time for the referral to be processed?   I'll wait a few days and then escale it.

Max

Hello Kristie,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Just another question: where -on my airbnb profile- I can see if I have any travel credit?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth211,

You're very welcome! Other hosts have discussed travel credit in the Community Center - if you have a look at this thread, Clare gives a useful answer about the two types of travel credit and where you can find them.

Hope that helps!
Kirstie

I think I figured this out...I set up my listing in the normal way, but I see now that I was supposed to click on the referral link from the other host.  When I do it now, it just takes me to a page to start an entirely new listing.  Surely there has to be a way to link the two after the fact.  After all, it was this host's encouragement to list my apartment on Airbnb that prompted me to do it.  He deserves his referral bonus too.   How can I proceed?

Peter-and-Marilyn0
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

I also have refered a new host and she has 2 bookings but I have not received any credit.  ?Who can I contact.

Having the same issue... wtf Airbnb

Gert5
Level 2
Mannheim, Germany

Same problem. My referral made a booking of 160 euros and also hosted her place. I did not get any travel credit, which AirBnB claims to give. Very disapointed!!

Filipp1
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

Same to me. Refferal made 200 eur booking, but I did not get any credit.

Should  I wait for some time? How long it takes?