I've been told I can't let my property and have a lot of bookings. Help!

I've been told I can't let my property and have a lot of bookings. Help!

Hi Guys

I have been a little daft and put my apartment on airbnb before checking the lease details for my apartment block.  I am based in Cardiff, UK. 

I have been hosting for 4 months problem free but had a letter from my management company yesterday saying that I am in breach of the lease agreement.

The lease states 'To use and occupy the property as a private dwelling in a single only and not for any other purpose'

I am so dissapointed because I have loved being a host.  My question is, firstly, is there any way around this so I can continue being a host but more importantly, if I do have to stop how would people best go about letting people down who have already booked my apartment?  I have a lot of booking going right up to July. 

Any help on this matter would be great.  I have been up all night worrying about letting people down!

Thanks

Jamie

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Firstly, talk to the management company and see if it would be ok to honour your booking this month.

Secondly, be a good host and notify all your guests about the situation and help them find new accomodation.