I've been unlisted and cant relist

Answered!
Johan1096
Level 2
Swellendam, South Africa

I've been unlisted and cant relist

The message says I need to pay a security deposit to relist.

Since when do hosts pay security deposits?

1 Best Answer
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Where are you seeing the message @Johan1096 ?

An email, or in your app/desktop message thread?

I wonder if you can upload a screenshot.

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Johan1096could this be a scam?

Johan1096
Level 2
Swellendam, South Africa

@Paul1255 could be but it's from Airbnb. Until its sorted out I'm losing money and they aren't responding. Feels like I'm being held ransom 🙂

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Where are you seeing the message @Johan1096 ?

An email, or in your app/desktop message thread?

I wonder if you can upload a screenshot.

@Paul1255 

Has your ability to add screenshots to your post re-appeared?? Mine still missing. Sooo frustrating - I have tons of screenshots I want to post! :((

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17it would appear it has re-appeared if you can see the attached image of a shower cubicle in my reply ahahairshower.jpeg

@Paul1255 

Has the little camera icon moved? I still can't find mine anywhere! 

PS Were you lying on the bathroom floor or something when you took that pic? :))

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17  !!

Camera icon is not there on mobile, but it is on desktop: perhaps you can upload your screenshots via there instead?

regarding the camera angle: I jack-knifed behind the toilet whilst drunk, clearly :)))

Johan1096, did you ever get this resolved and how did you do it? I didn't even receive a message from Airbnb. I just went 3 weeks with no bookings. I've only been hosting for a few months and assumed, at first, it was just seasonal. Then someone asked about a property and I checked and it was unlisted. I checked my other two properties and they were unlisted as well. I've never ignored a booking request, or any of the other reasons Airbnb gives for unlisting. When I try to relist I just get an error message telling me to contact Airbnb support. I've contacted them 3 days in a row and they just keep telling me their referring it to the correct department. I tried to post a new issue in this area and got an error message on that as well... which is why I'm responding to other people's questions in hopes someone else got their similar issue resolved and can help me. Thanks!

Johan1096
Level 2
Swellendam, South Africa

Hi Leslie

My problem was my security deposit was too low so was taken offline, as soon as I increased it I could get back on line

@Leslie601 Did you ever get this resolved? I have also been contacting Airbnb for days. 

@Maddie51, yes, but it took persistent effort. In my case, it was because I have 3 homes on adjoining property and mentioned they could be combined for family reunions, etc., which violated the new no parties policy, even though I also wrote, "no house parties". It was an easy fix, which would've been done if they 'd warned me before unlisting me. After I was relisted, support people kept contacting me for a while, probably since I'd opened so many separate support questions because, once they'd responded once and said they'd look into it, I never heard from them again. Anyway, be persistent and good luck!

What can anyone do, we are all slaves to the lack of professionalism, lack of resources, most importantly lack of empathy. Airbnb can un-list your property without notice without explanation without feedback for the duration. We can't get a piece of information from customer support. I have been unlisted for two weeks and I have no clue why, one support rep says it's due to some payment issue another says it's a cleanliness issue. Just can't get a straight answer.

Hosts are expected to build a business around this complete opaque process. People's livelihoods are at stake here and Airbnb simply doesn't care or doesn't have to have resources to care. As a public company and raising billions of dollars would help them invest in more infrastructure but it's simply not the case. This is the absolute worst experience the feeling of being completely helpless.

Johan1096
Level 2
Swellendam, South Africa

578DC04E-ED71-4EFC-ABF4-B18B0589C813.png

Johan1096
Level 2
Swellendam, South Africa

Have you experienced anything similar?