I've been unsuccessful in contacting AirBnB about Coronavirus cancellation refunds!

Thomas407
Level 2
Boulder, CO

I've been unsuccessful in contacting AirBnB about Coronavirus cancellation refunds!

What is the best way to contact them?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If it's within their EC policy for the virus, you can just cancel the booking and the guest will automatically receive a full refund, you don't need to contact them. @Thomas407 

No! The Guest got their refund just fine. I thought Airbnb was going to refund 25% to Hosts? Do I have to notify Airbnb or does Airbnb refund it automatically? I don't understand why no one has the same problem!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Thomas407   I'll assume you know that this policy only pays out if you had a strict cancellation policy. Furthermore you only get 25% of what you would have received at cancellation so probably this will only be 12.5% of you revenue (probs minus taxes and cleaning fees).

I have heard, but not seen written, that the payout would come when you would have normally received the payout from the guest. Also there are people saying that if you agreed to cancel the reservation you would get nothing - Again I have not seen this so all in this paragraph might well be fake news.