I've booked a room in a Hostel that doesn't longer exist.

Hector414
Level 2
San Salvador, El Salvador

I've booked a room in a Hostel that doesn't longer exist.

Hi,

I planed a new years trip to Guatemala and booked places on 4 different cities, all the reservation were approved. When I got to Antigua Guatemala I found that listing Ive booked, doesnt longer exist. 

I asked locals and they confirm that "Casa Jaracanda" was no longer active. I knocked at the door and new owner said that they bought the place and its no longer on Airbnb service.

Tried to call host, phone number was out of service, she didnt message me back. I was not able to contact host.

I contacted Airbnb support via chat, but I haven't got any response or solution for the last 10 days

2022-01-10 10_15_31-Messages • Airbnb and 5 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Listing  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/407988

Advertised as 
b83a2edb-cdfa-42d6-9dd9-ca4c07c1f0dd.jpg
What I found

IMG_0382.jpeg

How long does Airbnb usually take to give me a response? 

Its only available to request a refund minus the services fees, which is a bummer. Can I get a full refund?

Any suggestion on what should I do?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hector414 What a shambles! Almost any jurisdiction in the world would give you a full refund including the service fee. I suggest you contact Airbnb again via Twitter explaining the situation and asking for recompense. It may well be they will give you any additional costs of booking another place but don't hold your breath. Mentioning court action has been known to kick Customer Services into action as has @Nick from the community centre,

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Hector414  Be persistent with Airbnb. You definitely deserve a full refund.

It isn't a very good idea to simply book a place and then show up at the door on check-in day. You should communicate with the host when you book and again several days before arrival. If the host isn't responsive, at least you can deal with that and find another place to stay before you find yourself standing on the street.