I've opened two accounts by mistake. Is it able to merge them?

Samuel5
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I've opened two accounts by mistake. Is it able to merge them?

By mistake I've opened two different accounts on Airbnb. I would like to merge them, as there are nice reviews in both of them. Is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sarah

27 Replies 27
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Samuel5,

I believe you will need to contact Airbnb to see if they can do this.  

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Allwyn0
Level 1
Alappuzha, India

Hi Sarah..

I did the same mistake..It would be nice if you could say if you had fixed it. If so how did you managed.

Many Thanks

Allwyn

Sho0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I did this too, and was told by airbnb that they can't help. 

So I added tried to bring all the info together on one of my accounts, but just at that time, I had reservations from both accounts. Now I cannot see one of them, and I can't get a response from Airbnb about how to resolve it! 

I'm worried that the reservations will be messed up or payments won't go through, and I don't want my guests to have any hassle. 

I'm very stuck.

Any advice?

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Sho0, i am guessing that you have 2 profiles with 2 accounts because you did not realise that you could have more than one listing on your single profile account...? is this so?

If you cannot combine the accounts and reviews etc, then you may need to chalk it up to experience and decide which account you are going to continue with.

You might want to snooze your listings on one profile as this will hide it from public view while you sort out your bookings and honour the reservations already made on your books at the moment.

Once you are certain you have no outstanding reservations to process, then you should deactivate the listings on the profile you have decided to cease operating and close the whole account. 

When you have a proper handle on matters then you can "recreate" "additional listings" on the remaining active profile. 

I hope this is helpful to you. It's kinda hard to explain the process, but if you use your manage tools tabs, you will be fine.

All I can say is 2 profiles is one too many. It would do my head in very quickly.

Regards, Christine.

In my case I clicked "log on with Facebook" instead of "log on with Google".  FB had enough information to open the account without asking me enough questions to know something was amiss.

AirBNB probably doesn't want to get between FB and Google on this, and I'll probably delete the second account after I complete the one trip I have reserved on it.  Will just have to remember not to "log on with" some third party app.  AirBNB can fix this by adding some code between "log in with" instructions and display other similar accounts or something, if enough people complain about it.

Hi @Robin59,

I had this issue for the longest time having to login with Facebook but found out that I did not need to do this any longer.  You can remove this login process by creating an Airbnb password.

To do this, first log out of your Airbnb account, then follow the steps as if you forgot your password (https://www.airbnb.com/forgot_password). Once you create an Airbnb password, you'll no longer be able to sign in using Facebook, but your Airbnb account will still be connected to Facebook.

Here is a help article which covers this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/76/how-do-i-reset-my-password

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Anastasia15
Level 1
Ressons-sur-Matz, France

I did exactly the same thing. Now I have two accounts and booked reservations with both. Trying to find a solution.

@Anastasia15, That's like trying to ride two horse with a loose saddle.

Hopefully the bookings do not overlap. if they do you may have to sleep on your couch!. 

Assuming they do not overlap, make a decision about which listing/acount you will keep, leave this one on view to the public and either block out all the dates on the one you don't surrounding the existing booking and/or snooze/hide the listing. That way you can honour both  bookings and close the spare account after its booking is completed.

Check my earlier explanation, it's basically the same thing and also follow the links on Dave and Deb's post as well. You get very useful info.

Good luck. The two cannot become one at some point you need to close one of the accounts. But you need to stop it from getting new bookings. 

whoo-oh! and good luck. 

Christine.

That is crazy Christine that they cant merge the accounts for people to save confusion & also to assist customers easy of using their service. It appears to me that you are acting on their behalf as a volunteer employee. It is lovely that you want to help people & have so much available time to do so but perhaps if you didnt air bnb would realise that there are issues with their systems & perhaps have to look at introducing paid employees & imporoving their services that their customers require. Just my thoughts?? 

I did the same thing -- had an account set up with my email and then clicked "login with facebook" once. Running into problems replying to messages via text, as I'm now getting the error message "Unfortunately, we could not process your response because your number is registered to many accounts." Would love if they could combine them!

I have the same problem.

Hi, sorry about that but if you follow the tips and advice in earlier posts on this issue you can clear out one of the accounts. The sooner you do this the less complicated things will be.

good luck.!

as a guest,looks like i have created 2 accounts, now have paid bookings in both accounts,locked out of gmail account[registered to many accounts] so cannot contact host. closing gmail account might lose that booking and its paid for? help centre no help at all just keeps going in loop to usless. Anyone!!  

That is the same thing that I did. On my phone with FB and on my computer with Google! Ugh!