I've opened two accounts by mistake. Is it able to merge them?

Samuel5
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I've opened two accounts by mistake. Is it able to merge them?

By mistake I've opened two different accounts on Airbnb. I would like to merge them, as there are nice reviews in both of them. Is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sarah

27 Replies 27
Daniel820
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hy. Is there any way to sole this? I booked a holiday to mexico for 17 days, cost me like 400£, and then i realised that i booked it with an account that bloody fb opened for me. On th other hand im a host myself, so i always log in from my phone with mail. until now i was able to see the booking to mexico if i log in with fb, but now, as i tried to sync the 2 account, by updating my old fb email address to the new one which i have for the host airbnb account (i know maybe its a stupid idea afterall). But now however i log in i cant see my booking. I can see hosting page from both logins, but my booking seems to be lost?! Any idea how to solve it? 

That explains it! I couldn't figure out how I ended up with two accounts! That is how. Thanks 

Manuela331
Level 1
Kirchheim bei München, Germany

Christine, wow what a statement "All I can say is 2 profiles is one too many"  This is not helpfull at all.

This is why people want to merge accounts. Technically it should be no problem and would allow customer of airbnb to keep their data. Very diapointing that this can not be done easy.

@Manuela0, it is meant to be a humourous , empathetic statement of fact.

As for helpful, I  and others have written extensive replies to explain how the problem needs to be resolved. 

It is a frustrating position to be in, but must be dealt with by the host following the instructions outlined.

Regards Christine 

Steve-Louise0
Level 1
Spokane, WA

I noticd on the airbnb info page you can't merge the two account you must delete one - fine but the 

one I want to delete is an iphone app and there is no place to delete the account at least that I can 

locate - anyone can point me there please? 

Thanks 

Isabelle281
Level 1
Modesto, CA

This is unacceptable in my opinion. Many websites allow you to log in from google or facebook. Airbnb has allowed the login from facebook to generate a whole seperate account with bleedover from the otherl I now have been trapped in airbnb phone center hell!!

It seems that if you have a problem the help center is a call center in the phillipines that cant adress any of the technical issues only collect feedback? Airbnb gets paid to provide the interface between parties.. this is their roll here. I dont believe that they are providing support if something does go wrong.. certainly not effective timely support. It seems that this is left to be a DIY sollution here in thae help center and a useless call center.

Kristy14
Level 1
Michigan, United States

It's been a while since this was originally posted, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a solution, if there is one. I am in the same boat and hoping and wishing I could merge accounts. 

Maureen137
Level 2
Santiago, Chile

Is unbelievable that Airbnb does not allow to merge accounts! Several people are reporting the same issue following the ridiculous log in options. Please anable account merging, it’s extremely annoying to have multiple accounts!!!

soultion i found is through your smart phone is have one app airbnb and second one through google and add to home screen then create afolder with both of account one called airbnb1 and airbnb2

Gennady0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

Same issue. Seems like airbnb don't care.

Manuela331
Level 1
Kirchheim bei München, Germany

very disapointing- especailly as their system is not even recognising that there is already another account- same phone number, address ...  this is simply bad customer service. 

Bea1678
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I hope this is solved soon. I didn't even know I have two accounts until the other day when I sent a messages from my phone (connected to one account) and then I sent from my computer (with another account). 

Kathy1207
Level 2
Learned, MS

Same issue here… created an account that has most of my trips and reviews and one day, clicked “log in with Facebook”.   Really wish AirBNB would come up with a solution.  I’ll delete the fb account after this upcoming trip but that means I lose that trip info.