I've received an email asking me to "Take a Survey" before a potential "Interview"

Answered!
Lise10
Level 2
United Kingdom

I've received an email asking me to "Take a Survey" before a potential "Interview"

Has anyone received and email like this with a link at the end saying "Take the Survey"?

"Airbnb’s Research team is interested in learning more about how we can help you create your best listing. We’re conducting 60 minute interviews virtually Wednesday, February 22nd and Thursday, February 23rd. These sessions will take place over video conference which you can attend remotely using yur internet-connected computer.

Interviews will be conducted in English.Please complete the brief survey below if you’re interested in participating.

If you’re selected to participate you will receive a $125 USD Amazon gift card (or currently equivalent)."

Sounds a little like spam to me but, if not...

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

These are the approved email domains used by Airbnb: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Since this one is of the approved domains, you can probably be assurred it's safe.  

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No I haven't. Have you checked the actual email address it comes from?

It could be spam or a company wanting to set up a Airbnb support service sending misleading emails. 

If the email address looks valid, check it out with them via their social media.

Thanks Helen.  The email address is, apparently, one of AirBnB's.  noreply at qemailserver.com.  Not sure what you mean by checking it out with them via their social media.  Sorry - I'm not a complete ludite but do you mean AirBnBs social media?

Hi @Lise10

I am in the US and I received an email from Airbnb for a phone interview survey.  I responded as it came through on both my email and on the Aibnb website messages.  I was to answer a few questions and then set up an appointment for the rep to call.  She did at the time indicated and I did a 30 min interview on the phone and received an Amazon gift card.  I was able to email her back through the email she sent with the date and time.

I also would be a bit skeptical too as so much is going on with Airbnb hacking but I wanted to let you know that I did one and it was legit.  The email I received it from was  noreply@qemailserver  .com

Nancy

Thanks Nancy!

These are the approved email domains used by Airbnb: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Since this one is of the approved domains, you can probably be assurred it's safe.  

Thanks!

This is NOT one of the approved addresses.

Ivana178
Level 3
Split, Croatia

I just got email like that, F7A914F1-9A99-45AA-8BCD-04D3647BEE4E.png

I don’t use Croatian version of Airbnb, only EnglishI don’t use Croatian version of Airbnb, only English

Shailly0
Level 2
Surat, IN

i got also email and my interview on 6th march 2020

Shailly0
Level 2
Surat, IN

i got email

Shailly0
Level 2
Surat, IN

yes

@Shailly0 

Are they still offering the $125 Amazon voucher in exchange for completing the "survey"?