I want to correct my listed location

Julie322
Level 2
Saint Dogmaels, United Kingdom

I want to correct my listed location

I'm listed in the wrong place in another town in a different County.

Tried to edit , unsuccessful.

10 Replies 10
Sherry52
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Did you get this fixed?  AIRBNB just listed me in the wrong location as well.  I am in ASheville and they listed me in Candler.  How do I fix this?

Julie322
Level 2

Hi Sherry, 

No response from anyone yet so not sorted. 

I've found it really difficult to get information so far, you follow a link and sometimes they just send you " round the houses, " and you go round and round......

Have you tried to edit yours?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie322 and @Sherry52,

I'm sorry to hear the locations of your listings aren't shown correctly. If you are unable to edit your map location/address yourself, you need to contact Airbnb Support to ask them to do it for you. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them - many hosts find it's best via Facebook or Twitter.

I hope you can get this resolved soon!

Kirstie

Julie322
Level 2

Hi Kirstie,

Thanks for responding, I'll try to contact them via facebook.x

Julie322
Level 2

Hi

I'm getting really frustrated with all this . I have spent hours trying to change my location and now trying to contact Airbnb seems to be impossible too.

I am trying to send a message to airbnb on facebook but it says i'm not linked to facebook.

So I follow the instructions on the link here to find that I am linked to facebook.

I  still cannot message.

Please can someone contact me and sort out my incorrect listing.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie322,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling to get hold of Airbnb Support. If you have a Facebook account you should be able to send Airbnb a direct message just by logging into your Facebook - you don't need to go via your Airbnb account so it shouldn't matter if your account is linked or not.

Your other option is via Twitter. If you don't already have a Twitter account, some hosts say it's worth setting one up just to contact Airbnb, as you normally get a quick response:

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

I hope you can get this resolved!

Kirstie

Julie322
Level 2

Ah thanks Kirstie.

I'll try going out of Airbnb and messaging again.

Thanks for your patience.

I don't want to open a Twitter account, too much s media for me, I'm a practical farm girl. Too busy to get my head in that stuff.

Thanks though.

Julie

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

About a week ago, my location inexplicably moved to the other side of the country on the map. I have no idea why.

I tried to edit the location to no avail, so I ended up calling Airbnb where a representative fixed it for me (she was not particularly pleasant about it, I should add.).  She told me that I was unable to edit it myself because I had upcoming reservations. You can't edit your location yourself if you're expecting guests.

Jamie

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the information about how you resolved this issue and what Airbnb told you @Jamie69! That's really useful for others with experiencing a similar problem.

Kirstie

Julie322
Level 2

Thanks Jamie,

If l can't sort it on Facebook I'll try the angry controller. Maybe l get a nice one.