I want website language in English by default!

Andrea484
Level 4
Chiusi, Italy

I want website language in English by default!

I live in Italy and Airbnb has decided that my default language must be Italian.

No way to change it by default into English.

Has someone succeded bypassing this bug?

40 Replies 40
Erela0
Level 1
Jerusalem, Israel

This is so annoying!! Why isnt airbnb replying? Reading through airbnb in Hebrew gives me a headache! It's so culturly off and americanized, I can't take it. Don't see any place to change the language settings and already sent them two complaints about it.

Dang8
Level 1
Hanoi, Vietnam

I found the solution!!! It's not by default but still...

When you get into airbnb.com, start scrolling, you'll see  a button at the right bottom corner of your browser, click that button, it'll lead you to the end of the website.

When you get there, at the right end of the banner, you'll see the language button, next to the currency button.

Hope this helps!

Pavel105
Level 1
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic

Finding the option to switch the language is pain, but you can force the language by setting the GET parameter "locale" in the URL to the desired language, i.e. https://www.airbnb.com?locale=en will force English.

Timur15
Level 1
Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Had this issue and struggled -- the site would always appear in Russian, which I speak, but do not prefer, e.g. because I want to see the addresses in English and not in Russian. Finally fixed it by going to settings, scrolling down to the bottom and changing the language there.

Nhung16
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I had the same problem, it's always showed French and I tried everything from setting in airbnb but didnt work. Until I did the setting in Chrome and the problem fixed. So go to the setting part of Chrome --> Advance--> Language --> Order languages based on your preference --> Delete French or any language that you dont want to show up in airbnb. Good luck. 

AraBnb0
Level 2
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

Same issue here.

AirBnb, wake up!

Same issue here!

Hello AirBnb, are u out there?

Minor issue to be fixed for a qualified developer.

Julian1043
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, MY

Same problem here in Malaysia, I understand Malay but there are many terms and conditions which I do not understand in Malay, fix it Airbnb! Give us back our english page!

I understand Malay, but the Malay translations used sound very unnatural, as if someone had used Google translate to provide these translations. I switched my global preference to English, but every time I open a new window, the language reverts to Malay.

Rae491
Level 1
Hialeah, FL

I have a similar problem, I live in the states and the app and the website keep transitioning back to Spanish. No Idea why, even the emails that I receive from AirBNB come back in Spanish. I speak a little Spanish and I have that on my host profile but my default/1st Language language is English! HELP! 

Emiliya4
Level 1
Sofia, Bulgaria

I had a similar issue as well but the outcome was that I've been misled by the translation of the platform on my native language to believe that I'm entitled to get a refund on a canceled reservation. My advice is if you wish to use this platform at all to always use it in English.