I want website language in English by default!

Andrea484
Level 4
Chiusi, Italy

I want website language in English by default!

I live in Italy and Airbnb has decided that my default language must be Italian.

No way to change it by default into English.

Has someone succeded bypassing this bug?

40 Replies 40
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Andrea484

It;s not a bug you just need to change the language in your account settings. Log on and click on your photo to bring up your Account Settings menu. Click on Settings and in the bottom left of the screen you can set both your language and currency.

It doesn't work. Always comes back with Italian when I open a new window.

The problem has been solved from a user meanwhile: my browser opens by default airbnb.it instead of airbnb.com.

I'll try to fix this.

Thanks anyway.

Yes! It looks like there is no method for replacing a national lnaguage with English in the Airbnb user interface. Airbnb knows better what language a user should read. This means that an English-speaking user who is visiting e.g. Russia is forced to deal with a Russian UI. That's crazy.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem! I live in Japan. My Google browser is by defalut French, and I guess it setup my dafault language on AirBnB to be in French. But I do all my communication in English. My AirBnB contact here is Japanese and we speak Englush together. If I report her a problem on Air BnB and that I need to do a screenshot, the screenshot is then in French and she can't understand what the problem is.

I tried to change the default language to English, but it always come back to French. 

So we really need AirBnB to solve this bug.

Thank you for your help,

Valerie

I have the same issue and it is very anoying.
Florian210
Level 1
Sannois, France

Hello,

I had the same problem : I changed my settings but at every new window the langage was still the old one.
If you want to change it without going by your browser, you just have the option of langage at the bottom right of the page. click on the language and select the one you want.

Florian

Aliz0
Level 1
Worthing, United Kingdom

I simply can't see language option anywhere! Where is it??? 😞

Andy547
Level 1
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom

My directions are in german which i dont understand and cannot change.  Common airbnb this is not good enough

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Florian210     Set it to the language you want. Clear all your cache and cookies.  Then close it and re open it again. This may help. 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute, 

If it is possible for you @Andrea0, you could see thise conersation may could help :   

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Which-of-my-listing-languages-does-a-traveler-see-if-I-don-...

Thanks, 

Miloud

Rebecca720
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I have the same issue. My cell used to be set to Italian because I'm learning the language, and now Airbnb always opens it.airbnb.com from my desktop. I've set my language to English (which according to the profiles settings below only applies to messages) and cleared my cache and cookies, but it still only opens the Italian website. Has anyone had success changing this? 

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.27.41 AM.png

Hi from Athens Greece.

I had the same issue.

In profile all was correct ... but greek again ana again ...

My default browser was Firefox and chrome kept begging me to set it as the default.

I suddenly had this ridiculous idea that chrome was punishing me for not setting it  as the default.

So I did set it as the default and ... it worked ... english language in airbnb was ok.

That is why I hate all these huge internet monopolies.

Ignore my comment above, it worked last night but today its back to greek again.

Firefox works well with the language problem,  butin linux does NOT support the map view 

My problem is even worse, my page opens in Greek while I do not speak Greek (unfortunately)