I would like to meet with someone in San Bruno, ca for advise on becoming a host

I would like to meet with someone in San Bruno, ca for advise on becoming a host

I don't know what the laws are to be a host in San Bruno.  I have a 3bed/1bath home and would like to rent one room as airbnb.  I don't know how to determine pricing and what the consequences are tax wise if I become a host?  Is there someone in San Bruno who could meet me for coffee?  I live close walking distance to downtown San Mateo Ave.  Thanks! Sherry

4 Replies 4
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi Sherry, I am a host in San Francisco. I was renting out one of the three bedrooms on our upper level on Airbnb for a few years. Pricing will depend on several factors:

Are you close to public transportation, is there good parking nearby. How many people will have to share the bathroom? What type of bed is in the bedroom, what type of amenities are available. If you live close to shopping, that is a plus. You can also figure a base-level price for a single person and have a built-in number added for a second person. 

In my room, for example, there was a queen sized bed, two nice big windows, chest old drawers, desk, a couple chairs, tv with tons of premium channels, a small fridge, and a microwave

@Sherry-Lee0

There is no way for me to contact you. I'll be happy to talk to you over coffee. Follow the link to one of my listings to send me a message and we'll coordinate from there. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7987285

Hi Ash, Dasha,

Sorry for the late reply.  I will contact you via your listing and see if we can set up a time to meet for coffee.

Thanks!

Sherry 

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the informtation and advise.  My apologies for not replying sooner... I'm learning how to navigate through this system.  I'm walking distance to Caltrain, Bart, SFO and many restuarants.  Parking is difficult here but I'm a non-driver so I can offer my driveway, also my neighbor rents his car on weekends so I'm thinking I might be able to include that in my ad for weekend travelers who might want a car.  I live alone so my guests would share the house with just me.  I work part time in the catering industry and I travel so there will be times that I would consider renting the entire house. 

My location would be ideal for business travelers since I am so close to SFO and easy access to SF and the peninsula. 

My house was a rental for the past 7 years so I have spent the last few months fixing it up inside/out and returning it to my home.  The living room is not finished but the bedrooms, bathroom and den are good to go!  I guess the next and most important step is to get good photos!