I would love to travel to London in June, is it safe? Any opinion?

Pallavi9
Level 2
New Delhi, India

I would love to travel to London in June, is it safe? Any opinion?

During this Pandemic, I was wondering if the place is safe to visit?

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No-one now what will be happening in a year's time in terms of Covid @Pallavi9 . Far too early to tell I'm afraid.

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Pallavi9 @During this pandemic you must keep yourself safe. I am afraid it doesn’t matter where you reside or visit, you’ll have to protect yourself. Covid does not stop at borders or discriminate. 

Pallavi9
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Thank you for your response @Katrina79 and @Helen3 however I just wanted to know the situation there.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Pallavi9 

I agree with @Helen3  if, as I assume, you are talking about next June? There is absolutely no way we can know nearly a year ahead whether it will be safe to travel here. At the moment, lock down restrictions are being eased step by step every few days, but there's no guarantee that we won't have a second or third peak.

If I was you, I would wait several months before making any plans but, if you are eager to do so now, make sure you book a place with a cancellation policy that is flexible enough for you to get a full refund should you need to cancel (likewise with plane tickets etc.) and see if you can find an insurance policy that would cover COVID-19 related cancellations.

Pallavi9
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Thank you so much @Huma0, I appreciate your help. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Pallavi9 

You are welcome! Also, just to stress, when I mentioned the cancellation policy, I meant the usual policy for that listing, e.g. flexible, moderate, strict, NOT Airbnb's COVID-19 extenuating circumstances policy, which is changing all the time and may not apply anymore by the time you travel.