I would really appreciate a critique of my listing

Andrew-And-Sue0
Level 1
Hunchy, Australia

I would really appreciate a critique of my listing

https://airbnb.com/h/montville-country-escape-sunshine-coast-hinterland

We have been operating second time ( first time was just for a short period) for around for four months and are busy at the weekends and holidays but wanted some thoughts on raising our occupancy in the week day period. Also happy for general suggestions re photos, captions description house rules etc

Many thanks

Sue and Andy

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrew-And-Sue0 My suspicion is that your place is too large to attract weekday stays (where it is less likely large groups can get together). Do you have higher rates for weekends and lower rates mid week?

Also do you have a min stay of a week during the holidays?

Finally, if you make enough money from holidays and weekends perhaps you are better accepting less wear and tear on the property - If you price too low during the week you may end up with guests you don't want.

Hi Mike and Jane

Many thanks for you feedback - I think what you say makes a lot of sense. We do have higher rates for weekends and longer minimum stays for public holidays and school holidays and they are pretty well booked. Just sitting with an empty house during the week and wondering how to maximise its use...but you are right price is not the way to go.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Andrew-And-Sue0,

Welcome to the Community!

Just a heads up that I have moved your topic to the New to Hosting board to give it more visibility. This way you'll hopefully get more replies as insightful as @Mike-And-Jane0's.

Thanks,

Liv