IBAN and Swift

Janet196
Level 1
Evesham, United Kingdom

IBAN and Swift

Help please! I am trying to set up my payment method and want to use the Bank Transfer method. I have entered the validated IBAN and Swift numbers but the web site asks for the name of the payee. I entered this on the same line as the IBAN but the details were still rejected. Any ideas out there?

17 Replies 17
Rónán0
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hey, I’m having the same issue. The iban entered shows up and then it tells me the payee is not nominated. 

Ive rechecked the iban is correct and rechecked the swift number also but cannot get past the red warning error page ? 

Are you setting up the payment method on your phone?

Hi Ronan, I realize it’s been a whike since you posted this. Have you had a solution yet? I’m experiencing the same problem.

Chris766
Level 1
Trinidad and Tobago

Any luck resolving this as I am having same problem, asking for payee

Hi Chris, I realize it’s been 3 weeks since you posted this. Have you had a solution yet?

Eva354
Level 2
Accra, Ghana

Has anyone been able to resolve this? I have the same issue

Nidia10
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

It's sad to hear you all have the same problem and virtually no reply from AirBnB forum moderators, at all! NOT a good service, isn't it?... Anyways, great news is that solution is already there and working, you only need to know how.

So cutting long story short, no matter where you are based in the World go to your hosting account and navigate to 'Payout preferences', find 'Payout method' button and simply follow the steps. Make sure you choose your country from a drop down at the top of the page and not a default one(different countries, different banks - different IBAN length). Also, try to add the payout method on your desktop/laptop computer as opposed to a mobile app.

In fact when I have just set it all up after having an uphill struggle the other day on my mobile phone, I was given two options by AirBnB partner's pay gateway WorldPay: payouts directly to my bank account via sort code and acc. number and IBAN. Both worked form me just fine on my desktop computer.

Hope this helps.

All the best and good luck making big bucks!

Jo404
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello, Can someone please help. I am based in the Uk but have a flat in India to rent out. Can I get payment to my uk bank account. And if so how.

thanks for any help.

jo

Suzanne445
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Does anyone know how long it takes air bnb to approve a pending change of payout method from paypal to bank transfer.  Also does anyone know which one is quicker as AIrBNB site states paypal is 3-4 hours but paypal then states it will be 4-5 days (we actually received it in 3 days via paypal) but hoping bank transfer may be quicker ?

Oscar483
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

I had the same problem while using mobile Airbnb app to add Payout method (living and using Canadian bank) . So I tried to do it with my laptop and it worked! I guess the mobile app is not totally compatible to banks from other countries 

Sfwana0
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

That works for me as well , thanks to your replyy ! 

Sgegede0
Level 1
Midrand, South Africa

I need airbnb to send me their mt103 so my bank can trace their payouts 

Hello 

I have the same case. I need airbnb swift nr. Do you have it?